Long Sault, Ontario
Just boo the team.

Anyone know how to change the text?

giphy.gif

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
I never post on this board but often lurk and the amount of negativity is insane. Yes losing to the Isles and Devils b2b nights hurts our playoffs chances and they should not be losing to teams like the Isles at home but its hockey and there's a lot of variance. The Canes dominated this game from an analytic stand point and have been a top 10 team since the new year (in terms of analytics) The isles will not make the playoffs they're horrible so imo it's going to come down between the Jackets and Canes. The Jackets have a really tough remaining schedule. Anyone giving up on this team is just lost. They will be playing meaningful games all the way up until game 82 and imo will still make the playoffs.

Does best analytics get us a #7 or #8 seed? I forgot the rules on that.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
I never post on this board but often lurk and the amount of negativity is insane. Yes losing to the Isles and Devils b2b nights hurts our playoffs chances and they should not be losing to teams like the Isles at home but its hockey and there's a lot of variance. The Canes dominated this game from an analytic stand point and have been a top 10 team since the new year (in terms of analytics) The isles will not make the playoffs they're horrible so imo it's going to come down between the Jackets and Canes. The Jackets have a really tough remaining schedule. Anyone giving up on this team is just lost. They will be playing meaningful games all the way up until game 82 and imo will still make the playoffs.
If you don't see anything wrong with tonight and yesterday, or overall about this team, you are just delusional.
I expect better than this.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yes, because declaring a 1 goal game over halfway through when you're playing the 31st defensive team in the League and their backup is dumb no matter how you slice it.

Only if you don't follow this team at all. You can't tell me there wasn't some part of you that knew there was a good chance the game ended after that goal.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

You're right, and I appreciate the optimism, but it's probably going to fall on deaf ears. At some point analytics only means so much. You need results. They're still right in the middle of it, but nights like this absolutely cannot happen. It's hard to have faith in them winning a Game 82 win-and-in scenario right now when they panic down one in Game 59 after one shitty review.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I take solace in the fact that each loss is one loss closer to potentially bringing in new blood for this franchise. Francis and Peters are not long for this world if this keeps up. Neither are some of the garbage overpaid players on this team. Dundon isn't going to tolerate this shit product longer, especially when PNC Arena is a ghost town this spring and next fall.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I felt Cam Ward gave us a better chance in Jersey as that was the more important game of the 2. We went with Darling . Cam Ward may have lost that game as well. But I felt the choice (By BP to start Darling to be a mistake. tonight I would have had darling in net and yes I fully expect that would be a loss.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

There is a reason for the negativity. We've seen this scene one too many times. Games like this cost us a shot at the playoffs and that chance to take that next step. It's the same old song every year.

Think of it this way, this team is basically becoming the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the NHL (If anyone has a better analogy let me know, best I can think of right now). Every year looks like the year to finally end the playoff drought but it never happens. At least we're doing better than the Sacramento Kings or Orlando Magic who will never get out of Basketball loserdom so there's that.

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
I take solace in the fact that each loss is one loss closer to potentially bringing in new blood for this franchise. Francis and Peters are not long for this world if this keeps up. Neither are some of the garbage overpaid players on this team. Dundon isn't going to tolerate this **** product longer, especially when PNC Arena is a ghost town this spring and next fall.
I actually heard on the radio they when they interviewed TD they asked if he has talked to Francis about making moves. His response was something like "all the time" or some variation of that so I'm inclined to believe we will see changes real soon whether it be front office staff or players.

this was the interview:Dundon: We all want to win :: WRALSportsFan.com
there were some good bits about the Connecticut governers letter

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
So, they seemed to play like they wanted it. They delivered hits, they skated hard, shot a lot etc. Cam made great saves.

It seems like some of these games they lose when the opponents figure "lets just clog up the slot with bodies- they'll just bounce pucks off ankles and sticks and/or shoot harmlessly from the perimeter"

IDK what other teams do when they get this strategy against them. Peters seems incapable of changing tactics.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
There is a reason for the negativity. We've seen this scene one too many times. Games like this cost us a shot at the playoffs and that chance to take that next step. It's the same old song every year.

Think of it this way, this team is basically becoming the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the NHL (If anyone has a better analogy let me know, best I can think of right now). Every year looks like the year to finally end the playoff drought but it never happens. At least we're doing better than the Sacramento Kings or Orlando Magic who will never get out of Basketball loserdom so there's that.

Before this year, the Buffalo Bills

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
When is the last time a team had consecutive shutouts giving up a combined 95 shots? Bad result for you guys but this one was basically an act of God.

I know we're focused on the shots, but we had 13 scoring chances tonight, according to the Canes broadcast (which is almost always a bit biased toward the Canes since it's an unofficial stat). In 92 shot attempts, the Canes had 13 scoring chances. The Islanders strategy lately is clearly to give up shots from the perimeter while limiting rebounds, tips and screens. I've got to give them credit for understanding their (lack of) talent and tailoring a style they can win with.

It's certainly more interesting than a coaching staff that has one club in its bag and it uses it for every shot.

I'd really like Tripp and Chip Alexander to stop characterizing the Hanifin-to-Faulk play as a "bad pass." The pass was perfect. Faulk missed it with his skate and his stick on the second chance, then got beat up the ice.

And finally, I do think it would have been different if we had started Ward last night, even if we still lost. Having Darling out there is just demoralizing to everyone and starting a big weekend with another giant Darling turd sucked all the wind out of sails.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad