Seravalli: A couple of teams have discussed about trading for JT Miller/ 0 interest on Tyler Myers, Myers also doesnt want to waive

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Myers is done as an NHL’er. He’s going to get bought out to free up a roster spot as his cap doesn’t really free up anything regardless for 1 year.

PTO if a team is desperate.

• Haha
Reactions: EP to Kuzmenko

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Miller for Pittsburgh’s next two 1sts, two of Kapanen/McGinn/Dumoulin and any prospect except Pickering.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
A Miller deal at this point, would smell of Steve Yzerman, who’s traded for him once before, and we shouldn’t count him out from trading for him again. Add him to Detroit’s core right now, and they become much stronger up the middle, as we should assume Larkin is staying put.

Obviously with Kasper coming in the near future, Miller can shift to the wing as he’s done a lot in his career.

Just not to sure the Canucks should look for a value worthy deal in return. Yes, there could be a few teams willing to take his deal, but at what cost? Then you have to ask yourself as the Canucks, “we have a chance to move him off our books, should we take a lessor offer to do so?”

That answer will likely determine whether or not he’s a Canuck next season.

Would the Canucks take a Carter Mazur and Donovan Sebrango in return? Would Detroit up something like that to maybe Mazur and Johansson? Possibly, although Detroit is very high on Johansson as he has Brian Rafalski written all over him.

That’s likely the type of value they’d be offered. A couple of nice prospects. Nothing special but two guys who will have NHL careers. Obviously Mazur has a chance to be a Top 6 forward in the NHL.

Detroit, Colorado, Columbus would be my guess if he’s moved. Obviously Colorado would find it tougher to fit him in their plans but they have that need. If I had to put it in order? Columbus, Detroit and then Colorado.

Reactions: Lindgren

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Carolina be good fit for Miller. Get out of the Met division they going to have to beat the Rangers. The Rangers destroyed them the other night down the middle, beating them something like 5-2 or 6-2. Z, Chytil, Trochek Rangers are strong down middle

Go Aho, Miller, Staal down middle Canes strong yeam. Miller would push KK to fourth line center, or wing. Staal great as third line center, with 25 points in 55 games. He doesn't have the firepower you need from 2nd line center in playoffs.

Especially where they can get a deal on Miller. Canucks probably happy to dump his contract before no trade clause kicks in. If not Canes, there are a lot of GMs in NHL. Imagine one of them willing to take on Miller to help now. Screw later
No, thank you. If we don't land Maier from SJ, I could see the Canes circle back...to inquire about Boeser, not Miller.

The Canes need goal scoring and grit. Not so much a 2C, unless they're a rental or fit the core.

Reactions: Chrispy

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I think BOS calls and offers Lysell, 1rst, Smith And Reilly
I dont think i'd do that if i were Van. I'm not as high on Lysell as others.
Seems like a little buzz-saw speedster that passes the eye test but doesn't have an outstanding trait aside from his skating.
When it comes to prospects, if there is a player who is really good at one thing, and so-so at everything else, they could dominate juniors, or even the AHL as they get older...but they'll have a hard time making an NHL impact. I could be totally wrong here, maybe he scores 30 goals in the NHL haha
But, if that is the offer made to Van, then i would counter by including both Schenn and Carlo. Van needs help on D going forward which Carlo does as he's locked up, and Schenn helps Bos on their cup run 2023 albeit for one year and he's not as good as Carlo.

also, i think that if Miller went to Boston, that would be the best thing for Miller. He's a very good player but he'd THRIVE in a team with a strong locker room, good team structure, and lineup balance...
Like, Boston would get a better Jt. Miller than say CBJ etc. He'd score 90 on Boston, and 70 on the blue jackets for example

Last edited:

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
What's it matter if Myers has no interest if he also doesn't want to waive? I mean I suppose they could threaten to waive him like Tampa did to McDonough, which looking back might have cost them a cup because Ian Cole is NOT the same thing.

But the point is if Myers has no interest in waiving, the level of interest doesn't matter.
People act like Myers has a full NTC...Myers play is subpar that is why teams are NOT interested in him with an extra year at a 6m cap hit who is also due a 5m signing bonus.

TDL 2024, Myers would be a half decent add for a playoff team. Would be able to get him retained and could even get a 3rd team involved to lower the cap hit even more.

Myers is NOT getting traded due to his contract price tag NOT his minimal 10 team NTC...

Myers is done as an NHL’er. He’s going to get bought out to free up a roster spot as his cap doesn’t really free up anything regardless for 1 year.

PTO if a team is desperate.
Bought out to save the Canucks 500k eh...can't even get a league minimum contract to replace him without going higher than his current 6m cap hit...

Where do I sign?
Why do we want to trade JT and NOT get a rhd back...we already traded Bo and did NOT add to the biggest area of need on the team, that being rhd.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Carolina:

Martin Necas
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Scott Morrow
Alexander Nikishin
2023 1st rounder
2024 2nd rounder becomes 1st if Carolina makes the conference finals in the next two seasons.

for

Vancouver:

JT Miller
Brock Boeser
Jack Rathbone
Nils Hoglander

Should work for both teams.

Reactions: oceanchild

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
I think COL, CAR, BOS should have interest and consider it for Miller.

Myers lol, I mean if you’re desperate, sure.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
I think that’s a little high, based on his reputation. However, if he available for a little - he’s probably a better bargain than Meier.
Meier will be 26 years old when his new deal starts. 8 years will take him to 34 which is still reasonable.
Miller will be 30 years old when his new deal starts. His contract will be a boat anchor for the final 4 years. No contending team will want to touch that.

Feb 19, 2018
Myers is NOT getting traded due to his contract price tag NOT his minimal 10 team NTC...

It seems like nowadays in a flat Cap (even though it will be rising) that term is even more important than overall dollars due to retention options. Myers has only 1 year left on his deal and that is attractive to some teams pending on their timeline. The fact he’s a 6’8 RHD who can skate doesn’t hurt and if a team thinks they play with a more sound structure he could probably pull a Gudbranson in Calgary last year.

He does really suck though and I can’t wait to get rid of him, but all it takes is 1 GM.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Carolina:

Martin Necas
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Scott Morrow
Alexander Nikishin
2023 1st rounder
2024 2nd rounder becomes 1st if Carolina makes the conference finals in the next two seasons.

for

Vancouver:

JT Miller
Brock Boeser
Jack Rathbone
Nils Hoglander

Should work for both teams.
I would not trade Martin Necas alone for Miller++
I wouldn't trade Scott Morrow alone for Miller++
I wouldn't trade Alex Nikishin alone for Miller++

Just horrendous.

If every single other option fails then Carolina will trade a 2nd round pick for Boeser with $1.5 million retained. That's it.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
these elaborate trade proposals remind me of when i have to carefully cover the dog's antibiotics with peanut butter that he loves and then still hold his jaws shut and force it it in his mouth and then wait until he has swallowed it, and then half the time he has been faking and he spits out the cleaed off pill and i have to start over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad