Post-Game Talk: A Browning Achievement: Oilers defeat Agent 47 and the Feds

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Big, big shoutout to the fans at the game last night, with their incredibly classy standing O and support of a player in need of a lot of support and love. There's been people on here that say our fans drive players out of town. I don't believe it for a second and the display last night speaks to the exact opposite. Way to go, Edmonton!

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Big, big shoutout to the fans at the game last night, with their incredibly classy standing O and support of a player in need of a lot of support and love. There's been people on here that say our fans drive players out of town. I don't believe it for a second and the display last night speaks to the exact opposite. Way to go, Edmonton!
Can’t love this post enough. It was a great moment !

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
RDT_20240314_1816196324356399859904859.png

Lol love how happy Kane is right there.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Completely agree, I feel like people who are saying he looked better than Ceci would've said anyone looked better than Ceci lol. Ceci is clearly the better player imo, he just had a rough stretch recently. But I think before this stretch he was like +15 on the season.
I mean cmon. Stetcher played his off side and looked decent for game 1. He was solid for his role.

Those of you saying Stetcher didn't look good are the same people not putting Connor Brown into your projected line ups.

Observe and make the call before hand.

Stetcher can play

Reactions: Drivesaitl

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
That was one of the most entertaining games of the season, very happy for Brown. We sure love our scrubs and fringe players in this fanbase.

Interesting to me that we have a player in Edmonton who has had multiple 50-goal, 100pt seasons, Art Ross, Hart, one of the best playoff performers ever, who has given most of his prime years to the Oilers, yet the crowd at Rogers has never once chanted his name and he perpetually gets ragged on by fans on social media and call-in shows for being lazy and having bad body language.

The crowd hasn't ever chanted McDavid's name either. Will be a funny thing to tell the grandkids one day I guess.

• Love
Reactions: Duke74

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
That was one of the most entertaining games of the season, very happy for Brown. We sure love our scrubs and fringe players in this fanbase.

Interesting to me that we have a player in Edmonton who has had multiple 50-goal, 100pt seasons, Art Ross, Hart, one of the best playoff performers ever, who has given most of his prime years to the Oilers, yet the crowd at Rogers has never once chanted his name and he perpetually gets ragged on by fans on social media and call-in shows for being lazy and having bad body language.

The crowd hasn't ever chanted McDavid's name either. Will be a funny thing to tell the grandkids one day I guess.
Don’t be lazy and have bad body language?

• Haha
Reactions: Duke74

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Yah they get mvp chants instead. Talk about making a deal about nothing.

Remember when fans were chanting Kassian? Did that also upset you because it wasn’t McDrais names?

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I mean cmon. Stetcher played his off side and looked decent for game 1. He was solid for his role.

Those of you saying Stetcher didn't look good are the same people not putting Connor Brown into your projected line ups.

Observe and make the call before hand.

Stetcher can play
I think he's a sold 7th d, good pickup for the playoffs. I wouldn't play him over Ceci.

Reactions: Section337

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

When you consistently provide excellence, it gets taken for granted. I know, I was around for the Gretzky years. It's human nature, nothing more, probably happens in any other city in a similar situation.

We had a really nice moment for a fringe player and the fans, and you're focusing on McDavid and Draisaitl not getting any love. :huh::thumbd:

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
When you consistently provide excellence, it gets taken for granted. I know, I was around for the Gretzky years. It's human nature, nothing more, probably happens in any other city in a similar situation.

We had a really nice moment for a fringe player and the fans, and you're focusing on McDavid and Draisaitl not getting any love. :huh::thumbd:

I could be wrong but believe that poster has fretted about McDavid signing with the Leafs a number of times so could be influenced a bit by that perception ("he's not appreciated here")

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad