Prospect Info: 9OA: Nate Danielson

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
We can't score if you haven't noticed.... like at all...

And that's what you have other picks for. That's what you have FA money for. We also were not good at stopping the other team from scoring, either. Seider wasn't supposed to be able to score either... and then he got 50 points as a rookie.

• Haha
Reactions: Umingmak

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
None..

Ok cool, I don't care what you have to say then, have a good one.
Like, what are your credentials that you allow yourself to be so confident after watching an 18 year old only 10 times? Do you realize 1) how often fans are wrong about prospects, and 2) how foolish your take is going to look if you're wrong on this one?

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Yzerman is probably furious...that was his guy lol

take Gabe Perreault...please draft some skill

Like, what are your credentials that you allow yourself to be so confident after watching an 18 year old only 10 times? Do you realize 1) how often fans are wrong about prospects, and 2) how foolish your take is going to look if you're wrong on this one?
don't care if I'm wrong, I don't take HFboards too seriously to be honest

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
And that's what you have other picks for. That's what you have FA money for. We also were not good at stopping the other team from scoring, either. Seider wasn't supposed to be able to score either... and then he got 50 points as a rookie.
Other picks? High picks are reserved for HIGH END talent. Don't really understand your argument there? My hope is to grab a prospect you can see extreme gifts offensively. Some one like Benson for example...

Umingmak

Oct 12, 2014
Wildeye Brewing
Danielson is probably 1-2 years away, not 4. And 30 isn’t old.
Danielson is a lot more than 1-2 years away. He's 3-4, and even then, he's never going to be more than a third liner. I'll be shocked if he ever even sniffs 50 points in a season.

Even as a late birthday, he still wasn't even close to being amongst the WHL's best.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Ah, so you're just shitposting.

As a poster I know once said, "cool, I don't care what you have to say then, have a good one."

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Lol ok buddy...

Sell me on him 🤣. What specifically about his game do you like to justify him being a top 10 pick in the deepest draft in a decade? I'd love to hear your expert analysis on why it was a good pick.
I havent watched him at all other than the highlights. That's the difference between me and you. I don't pretend to know everything.

You said that 3C is his CEILING. That means that you think that Yzerman and his team of professional scouts either knowingly used a top 10 pick in a loaded draft on a 3/4c, or that you think you are a better evaluator of talent than all of those people.

I would be willing to put up a poll after the draft and bet a username change that the majority of people on this board don't agree that either of those things are true.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
Yzerman is probably furious...that was his guy lol

take Gabe Perreault...please draft some skill

More serious than me. I'm just saying, Yzerman has gone off board enough times in the last four years early and had success that I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and think the kid might be good at hockey. And I know that I don't know enough about watching a guy to know whether he'll be anything special.

I watched highlights and games of Jake Sanderson and Evan Bouchard. They both looked not very good at all to me. Sanderson was very poke check heavy and Bouchard had a good shot but he didn't look like he knew what he was doing with the puck... in what were supposed to be highlights. And I was wrong on both.

Reactions: Dtybur

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Ah, so you're just shitposting.

As a poster I know once said, "cool, I don't care what you have to say then, have a good one."

1688000506051.png

Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I havent watched him at all other than the highlights. That's the difference between me and you. I don't pretend to know everything.

You said that 3C is his CEILING. That means that you think that Yzerman and his team of professional scouts either knowingly used a top 10 pick in a loaded draft on a 3/4c, or that you think you are a better evaluator of talent than all of those people.

I would be willing to put up a poll after the draft and bet a username change that the majority of people on this board don't agree that either of those things are true.
I would never claim to be a better evaluator than our guys, that would be asinine and ridiculous. I'm still allowed to disagree with the pick. Could have drafted for more skill in my opinion. Time will tell if I'm right or not.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
I would never claim to be a better evaluator than our guys, that would be asinine and ridiculous. I'm still allowed to disagree with the pick. Could have drafted for more skill in my opinion. Time will tell if I'm right or not.
I never said that you're not entitled to your opinion. I said that claiming that his ceiling is a 3C is a sh*t take, and I went ahead and screenshotted it for future LOLs

Reactions: cole von cole

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
I'm on board with ASP. Could be the best offensive defenceman of the draft.

Perreault would have been nice, but I'm happy with ASP

haha, once again we disagree on the pick. This will be fun to revisit.
It appears that we are destined to meet again. We shall see.

To be clear for future readers, I was talking about ASP. I meant to post in the GDT.

Edit: Also, I don't doubt that ASP is talented. I just would have preferred about 10 other guys at 17

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Danielson is a lot more than 1-2 years away. He's 3-4, and even then, he's never going to be more than a third liner. I'll be shocked if he ever even sniffs 50 points in a season.

Even as a late birthday, he still wasn't even close to being amongst the WHL's best.
Somebody save this post for when it ages like milk. I couldn't disagree more. Detroit basically got their Cirelli, but with a chance for more offense.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I said this before the draft.

Hes this years Kasper, rising late and wouldnt make it outside of the top 10. The type of guy who the public lists are a little slow on but ends up going higher. Notice how his scouting report is like the center version of Seiders at the draft? Despite having no help, he still had 79 points in 68 games and 30 something goals

He wasnt my first choice but a right handed, mean, center from western canada? Sign me up

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
More serious than me. I'm just saying, Yzerman has gone off board enough times in the last four years early and had success that I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and think the kid might be good at hockey. And I know that I don't know enough about watching a guy to know whether he'll be anything special.

I watched highlights and games of Jake Sanderson and Evan Bouchard. They both looked not very good at all to me. Sanderson was very poke check heavy and Bouchard had a good shot but he didn't look like he knew what he was doing with the puck... in what were supposed to be highlights. And I was wrong on both.
Well, Sanderson and Bouchard are still as your described :) Few lucky goals don't change the fact that both can't defend in a right way.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
It appears that we are destined to meet again. We shall see.

To be clear for future readers, I was talking about ASP. I meant to post in the GDT.

Edit: Also, I don't doubt that ASP is talented. I just would have preferred about 10 other guys at 17
Best case scenario is both our guys are helping the Wings push for Cups. That's the goal...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad