Post-Game Talk: 99 Points But Mitch Ain't One

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I imagine if the Leafs pushed it they would investigate.
The only problem is that they should have done that right away. If they were to change it now, could you imagine the uproar?? If that happened to an FLA player no one would even notice an investigation. But to a TOR player, there may be a riot at NHL HQ if they awarded Mitch with the assist he clearly earned

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Mitch was in the top 10 for a long time but slipped late in the season. Perhaps all those minutes caught up to him. Should be fresh Tuesday.

1681486738471.png

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The only problem is that they should have done that right away. If they were to change it now, could you imagine the uproar?? If that happened to an FLA player no one would even notice an investigation. But to a TOR player, there may be a riot at NHL HQ if they awarded Mitch with the assist he clearly earned
I don't see why anyone would care let alone riot.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Is this able to be appealed?

Wtf is this - that is clear as day an assist.

Someone tell me with an honest face that if that's McDavid they don't give him a point. Wtf is it with this league and Toronto?
A nice assist too, I mean Matthews danced like a stud and such a finish but he found him and hit him in stride.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Sure, the league has it out for Toronto. Who gives a crap if he has 99 or 100 points? Sure, the league is trying to stick it to Toronto and Marner by denying him that 1 point. And for what reason exactly?
It doesn't matter. You're right.

The only thing that slightly annoys me is the gonna be the dipshit trolls coming out with "Marner has never scored 100 points" in the future.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Sure, the league has it out for Toronto. Who gives a crap if he has 99 or 100 points? Sure, the league is trying to stick it to Toronto and Marner by denying him that 1 point. And for what reason exactly?
No one ever has an answer for that.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Im sure they gave it a look the night of given all the chatter on it, but its really not an assist. The MTL D makes a crappy clear with his foot

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Im sure they gave it a look the night of given all the chatter on it, but its really not an assist. The MTL D makes a crappy clear with his foot

A puck bouncing off a players skate does not count as them having possession. That was clearly an assist.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
A puck bouncing off a players skate does not count as them having possession. That was clearly an assist.
Youre right that a puck bounce off a player doesnt. A D man who purposely makes a play on the puck to clear the zone, does though, even if its with his foot. Possession isnt the only factor.

They do a brutal job clearing the zone, but its not a block or a deflection. Its a purposeful play on the puck attempting to clear that Matthews corrals after.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I'm really wondering what the agenda behind this is. Who benefits from what by taking Marner's points away? I'm genuinely confused.
Unless he has a performance bonus for 100 points, and the bonus would handicap the Leafs' cap situation, I don't see any reason for the league to award him an unearned point.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018

For everybody saying the so-called "kick" resets things, why did McDavid get a secondary assist on this goal?

Hamonic very clearly kicks the puck out of the crease, and RNH picks it up and scores. Why is it not unassisted?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Nothing Gary/Jacobs do ever surprises me .. they hate da cash cow that we are .. all they want to do is use our $$$ and screw us over on every freakin issue .. everyone knows da score here on inside ... everyone .. we are gonna beat da refs, beat da league and beat Tampa too because that is what it is gonna take .. Tampa owner is part of Jacobs gang of 10

willmma

Jan 5, 2017

For everybody saying the so-called "kick" resets things, why did McDavid get a secondary assist on this goal?

Hamonic very clearly kicks the puck out of the crease, and RNH picks it up and scores. Why is it not unassisted?

Well this one looks like it is kicked by TWO Senators. In Mitch's case it was kicked by ONE player. That is clearly different.

Plus, Mitch is a Leaf and he as no relation to Jesus.

* How was that not goalie interference by Hyman?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
There are probably hundreds of secondary assists every year that get kicked from opposing player's skates.

That's an assist full stop. It's actually undeniable.

Reactions: Menzinger

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

The puck hitting a skate isn't the same as kicking the puck.

Reactions: Arzak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad