OT: 91st Obsequious Banter Thread: Where Silent Lucidity takes on new meaning

We take the candy. Its touch chills to the point of burning. We wander on and face a choice.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
In this specific context, yes. Even if one of the poll workers was either intentionally doing something wrong or unknowingly doing something wrong it is so unlikely that no one else in there (voters, poll workers, poll watchers, challengers, etc.) stood by and did nothing. Perhaps if this was a more secretive exchange it would be more believable, but going to a polling place, announcing you are not registered to vote and being told that you can vote anyway without more is just so unbelievable unless the room was cleared of everyone but the Project Veritas guy, the poll worker, and the voter...which again is so unlikely that it is not worth considering over the much more likely explanation of the video being staged or without context (like the poll worker was making a joke, or an explanation to the guy that "Yes you can fill out a provisional ballot but it will not be counted") or something like that.
Again, I’m not a fan of PV and I’m not saying what they are showing actually happened. I feel like I’m arguing for no reason lol

Reactions: Asnito

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Gonna get mega nitpicky here and point out that Hood was a battlecruiser.

Battlecruisers were definitely an idea. Not heavily protected enough for a slugging match with another battlecruiser of battleship. But that's how they were used, and there's a reason why a whole ton of them exploded in spectacular and sudden fashion.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Wait this whole time the Hood was bigger than the Bismark?

I don't think this is 100% accurate. Bismarck was longer, but not by a lot at all. He had a shitload more armor too. You couldn't eyeball them and tell which was bigger. Iowa was longer than Yamato, but Yamato had the greater displacement.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I don't think this is 100% accurate. Bismarck was longer, but not by a lot at all. He had a shitload more armor too. You couldn't eyeball them and tell which was bigger. Iowa was longer than Yamato, but Yamato had the greater displacement.
speaking of displacement...!!!!! (ironically less displacement than the last one tho)

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don’t know why but I never realized Italy had a battleship, let alone a navy, and I often forget they were involved at all. All you ever really hear about is Germany and Japan.

France too.

Italy had some really interesting ships, actually. Also the most aesthetically pleasing. Italy has long been kind of underrated in the battleship race. Fincantieri getting the FFG(X) contract shouldn't be too much a surprise, they have a tradition of good design.

Part of why Italy is forgotten is that they got kind of roflstomped by the Royal Navy, but that was chiefly due to vastly superior intelligence on the RN's part, rather than quality.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Again, I’m not a fan of PV and I’m not saying what they are showing actually happened. I feel like I’m arguing for no reason lol
It certainly seems like you're defending them here haha. If not then ok. The most likely scenario is that this is a highly edited and out of context video or is completely staged and faked. It is certainly possible, as anything is, that this is legitimate and may be either intentional wrongdoing or inadvertent wrongdoing, but it is also possible that that the Flyers can go undefeated the rest of the season including the Playoffs and win the Stanley Cup. While both of those things are technically possible, the odds are so heavily against it that it doesn't warrant consideration.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

It’s hard to really appreciate the size of these things this unless you’re standing next to them.

FC8AB064-8346-4757-BF43-A4D2E19F46A8.jpeg

B9D88D05-6268-4014-A58F-CC3A39D9F87E.jpeg

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I don’t know why but I never realized Italy had a battleship, let alone a navy, and I often forget they were involved at all. All you ever really hear about is Germany and Japan.
Their Navy was probably their biggest contribution to the Axis. They had some decent planes and supplied many troops to both the N African and Eastern front. The problem was they mobilized for war in the 30's and didn't have the resources to upgrade so by 1943 their equipment was badly outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad