OT: 91st Obsequious Banter Thread: Where Silent Lucidity takes on new meaning

We take the candy. Its touch chills to the point of burning. We wander on and face a choice.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
It’s
Lol. I love stuff like this. Our country is so ridiculously poorly educated on how the system works. Let's assume that this is an authentic video without any other context needed. All of the interactions are legitimate and portrayed accurately. If this person is truly not registered and he cast a ballot, that ballot would have been a provisional ballot. When that ballot was counted, it would have been determined that the person casting the vote was not registered and it would not have counted. It's almost like the system has a number of precautions taken that ensures only legal votes are counted!
still illegal to provide someone who cannot vote with a ballot, regardless if it will count or not.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Fake implies that they set up the scenarios or hire actors. Editing to make the content misleading still doesn’t make it fake tho.

Yes it does. When the scenario is a lie, it's fake. People who have been "interviewed" by them repeatedly point out that they have completely altered statements so severely that they say the exact opposite. So someone could say "that's not legal, I won't do it" and PV edits it so it's "that's not legal, I'll do it." I'd say that's fake.

There's a reason that with all their "bombshell" voter fraud exposes, nobody has been charged. Because PV is a scam. Damned near everything they do gets debunked, but they still do damage because millions see their lies and then never see the debunking.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Fake implies that they set up the scenarios or hire actors. Editing to make the content misleading still doesn’t make it fake tho.
I can tell you with great confidence that this is was almost certainly set up and/or staged in some way.

1) what a great coincidence that Project Veritas was at the polling place filming at just the right time (which, by the way is also probably illegal because you are not allowed to just hang out in polling places, you need be either a poll worker, a candidate, or credentialed challenger/attorney). I'll have to double check but I also don't believe you are able to film without being permitted to do so like a media pass.

2) I have been a candidate, I serve as an attorney on election day for issues like this and others, and I currently represent someone in an election contest case in the Appellate Division in NJ. There is little chance this was an actual incident for a number of reasons. First, there are literally multiple poll watchers, volunteers, and challengers at polling locations and attorneys on standby all day from both parties. It would be so incredibly unlikely that this exchange happened randomly and was not immediately addressed that it is simply not believable. I have been called to polling places on election days to tell people they need to take a sign off of a table and hang it up on a wall, I cannot imagine a scenario where someone comes in and says "HEY I WANT TO VOTE EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT REGISTERED!" and someone says "YEAH NO PROBLEM MAN!" and nothing happened.

Last edited:

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey

I saw him the other day from a distance. He was very happy to see me and in good spirits. He’s started to WFH again for a few hours at a time. Just fatigued still and lost his sense of taste and smell.

I don’t want to say we’re over the hill yet but seems like this was just a mild case and the vaccine did its job, but it seems like we are progressing. The Dept of Health cleared my mom to break quarantine so that’s good news

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Yes it does. When the scenario is a lie, it's fake. People who have been "interviewed" by them repeatedly point out that they have completely altered statements so severely that they say the exact opposite. So someone could say "that's not legal, I won't do it" and PV edits it so it's "that's not legal, I'll do it." I'd say that's fake.

There's a reason that with all their "bombshell" voter fraud exposes, nobody has been charged. Because PV is a scam. Damned near everything they do gets debunked, but they still do damage because millions see their lies and then never see the debunking.
AG Paxton: San Antonio Election Fraudster Arrested for Widespread Vote Harvesting and Fraud

Was a ‘Biden Election Official’ Arrested for Voter Fraud in Texas?

Unless I can’t read, she was charged, I do not think she has been convicted however.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I saw him the other day from a distance. He was very happy to see me and in good spirits. He’s started to WFH again for a few hours at a time. Just fatigued still and lost his sense of taste and smell.

I don’t want to say we’re over the hill yet but seems like this was just a mild case and the vaccine did its job, but it seems like we are progressing. The Dept of Health cleared my mom to break quarantine so that’s good news
That's good to hear. Hope he keeps progressing.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

That would be literally the only time they could tell the truth without lying heavily. Check their record. They have this win and then everything else is false.

They have done more damage to this country then Infowars, because most everyone knows Infowars is nonsense. For example, their lies about vaccines are a go-to source for anti-vaxxers trying to convert others. People have certainly died because of that.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I can tell you with great confidence that this is was almost certainly set up and/or staged in some way.

1) what a great coincidence that Project Veritas was at the polling place filming at just the right time (which, by the way is also probably illegal because you are not allowed to just hang out in polling places, you need be either a poll worker, a candidate, or credentialed challenger/attorney). I'll have to double check but I also don't believe you are able to film without being permitted to do so like a media pass.

2) I have been a candidate, I serve as an attorney on election day for issues like this and others, and I currently represent someone in an election contest case in the Appellate Division in NJ. There is little chance this was an actual incident for a number of reasons. First, there are literally multiple poll watchers, volunteers, and challengers at polling locations and attorneys on standby all day from both parties. It would be so incredibly unlikely that this exchange happened randomly and was not immediately addressed that it is simply not believable. I have been called to polling places on election days to tell people they need to take a sign off of a table and hang it up on a wall, I cannot imagine a scenario where someone comes in and says "HEY I WANT TO VOTE EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT REGISTERED!" and someone says "YEAH NO PROBLEM MAN!" and nothing happened.
I imagine that they didn’t just show up and film this but the Irish dude is on their payroll.
There’s corruption everywhere, from doctors to scientists to teachers to police to lawyers etc, is it so unfathomable to think that poll workers in any capacity are immune to doing things improperly wether intentionally or not?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I imagine that they didn’t just show up and film this but the Irish dude is on their payroll.
There’s corruption everywhere, from doctors to scientists to teachers to police to lawyers etc, is it so unfathomable to think that poll workers in any capacity are immune to doing things improperly wether intentionally or not?

Seems weird that Project Veritas, which operates exclusively on bad faith and which has been successfully sued for defamation and has ruined innocent lives, would be the ones to find it. It's also unlikely considering their record of failure and needing to lie.

Project Veritas - Wikipedia

Project Veritas Video Was a ‘Coordinated Disinformation Campaign,’ Researchers Say (Published 2020)

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
That would be literally the only time they could tell the truth without lying heavily. Check their record. They have this win and then everything else is false.

They have done more damage to this country then Infowars, because most everyone knows Infowars is nonsense. For example, their lies about vaccines are a go-to source for anti-vaxxers trying to convert others. People have certainly died because of that.
You’re moving the posts bud.
I don’t even care for PV, the jump cuts make it seem highly suspect and it is. That said, they have been sued an assload but to the best of my knowledge they have never lost a lawsuit.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
In this specific context, yes. Even if one of the poll workers was either intentionally doing something wrong or unknowingly doing something wrong it is so unlikely that no one else in there (voters, poll workers, poll watchers, challengers, etc.) stood by and did nothing. Perhaps if this was a more secretive exchange it would be more believable, but going to a polling place, announcing you are not registered to vote and being told that you can vote anyway without more is just so unbelievable unless the room was cleared of everyone but the Project Veritas guy, the poll worker, and the voter...which again is so unlikely that it is not worth considering over the much more likely explanation of the video being staged or without context (like the poll worker was making a joke, or an explanation to the guy that "Yes you can fill out a provisional ballot but it will not be counted") or something like that.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You’re moving the posts bud.
I don’t even care for PV, the jump cuts make it seem highly suspect and it is. That said, they have been sued an assload but to the best of my knowledge they have never lost a lawsuit.

They did lose a defamation suit for 150k.

Their record is so bad now that like Infowars or Zerohedge, the default position to anything they publish should be to assume falsehood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad