OT: 91st Obsequious Banter Thread: Where Silent Lucidity takes on new meaning

We take the candy. Its touch chills to the point of burning. We wander on and face a choice.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Oh, I see there is a new poll. And not surprisingly all you idiots are walking straight to your eventual grisly deaths. What do you think that black oozing “candy” is made of? Haven’t you all seen Soylent Green? Didn’t your mothers tell you to never take candy from strangers, let alone creepy talking bone trees?

Fools.

Interesting. You may be on to something.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Read somewhere that tickets to get into the F1 event in Austin were $800 to get in. If that's true, that's crazy

Edit: It was 800 for the whole weekend (qualifying and practice + race), 300 just for the race. Thats still nuts.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Read somewhere that tickets to get into the F1 event in Austin were $800 to get in. If that's true, that's crazy

Edit: It was 800 for the whole weekend (qualifying and practice + race), 300 just for the race. Thats still nuts.

Can go to the best track on earth, with an amazing atmosphere, in a beautiful location, for like 8x less than that for the whole weekend.

Could literally fly to Europe from Texas, watch Spa, and go home, and would be cheaper.

Tbh I hate the "Americanisation" of F1 over the last few years (sorry guys, but true!) Though Bernie the criminal was already selling more of its soul before the Americans took over.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Shaq was down on the track before the start. He couldn’t even fit one of his legs in one of those cars.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Can go to the best track on earth, with an amazing atmosphere, in a beautiful location, for like 8x less than that for the whole weekend.

Could literally fly to Europe from Texas, watch Spa, and go home, and would be cheaper.

Tbh I hate the "Americanisation" of F1 over the last few years (sorry guys, but true!) Though Bernie the criminal was already selling more of its soul before the Americans took over.

Shaq was down on the track before the start. He couldn’t even fit one of his legs in one of those cars.

I'm about as casual as it could be for F1, but I'm watching the US Grand Prix over the NASCAR race in Kansas.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Where does a bone tree abomination get molasses or chocolate or whatever? Did it order from Amazon? Does the abomination have internet? I don’t think so.

It's clearly a magical tree. Whether it conjured up molasses out of thin air or has an Xfinity bundle, the details don't concern me.

It's possibly those things but I'm not sure I'd say probably

I have trust.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
:laugh: :laugh: how the hell is DRS granted in the situation when you are about to overtake a car 1 lap behind? #finallap

(this is absolutely not a "Hamilton fan" post - more of a Verstappen guy in this situation - I just found it hilarious)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Verstappen and Hamilton are both all-time greats I think... ofc Max does not have the resume but so reminiscent of a young Schumacher in the 90s. Demolishing good team-mates left, right and centre.

Great to see them battle. Wish they were doing so on better tracks with actual physical track limits...

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Verstappen and Hamilton are both all-time greats I think... ofc Max does not have the resume but so reminiscent of a young Schumacher in the 90s. Demolishing good team-mates left, right and centre.

Great to see them battle. Wish they were doing so on better tracks with actual physical track limits...
It's unfortunate that Max hasn't had a car good enough to compete with Hamilton for most of his career.

Reactions: Appleyard

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
It's good enough to give Max a chance, which is all I have been hoping for for years. :laugh:

F1 is too boring with one constructor so advanced. I have never been a Ferrari fan, but their step back to a tier below Mercedes has been bad for the sport.

Would love to see:

A tyre war. Always makes it more competitive with track differences favouring one tyre over another.
Refuelling. Makes it more tactical and can result in surprise wins.
Physical track limits put back in. Be it grass, gravel or more unforgiving curbs. Pisses me off when a leader makes a big mistake and just goes into infinite run off and does not lose even 2 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad