GDT: 9/30 - Preseason Game 4 - New York Rangers @ New York Islanders, 7pm EST, MSG (Game On! I think?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Mika and Panarin are the two that will have the biggest issue with Laviolette. And I love Mika but these two are on their own schedules. They do whatever they want. And eat cookies on the powerplay. Not gonna fly this year. Two mild mannered guys no one says boo to. Including trouba. I want to see lavy in their faces. They need to elevate their games.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Mika and Panarin are the two that will have the biggest issue with Laviolette. And I love Mika but these two are on their own schedules. They do whatever they want. And eat cookies on the powerplay. Not gonna fly this year. Two mild mannered guys no one says boo to. Including trouba. I want to see lavy in their faces. They need to elevate their games.
Sorry, I don't get this take at all. Mika and Bread are night and day . Mika is one of the hardest working players on the team and one of the most consistent.

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Serious question. I know Panarin gets a lot of shit, but when he goes, who is going to be the guy that fills his place and puts up 90+ points in a season. Yeah, Bread likes to vanish during the playoffs, but he still puts up the points to get us to the playoffs.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Serious question. I know Panarin gets a lot of shit, but when he goes, who is going to be the guy that fills his place and puts up 90+ points in a season. Yeah, Bread likes to vanish during the playoffs, but he still puts up the points to get us to the playoffs.
We need our vets and highest paid players to perform when needed.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The average Ranger fan hates talent. The team hasn’t developed a truly talented all world forward in forever.

At any given time since I’ve joined this site, we’ve had posters say “no thank you, don’t want that guy” to the likes of Nathan McKinnon and Jack Eichel being on this team

So knowing this, it’s not particularly surprising what is happening with Panarin

Meanwhile people here are creaming their jeans over the Rangers potentially having a 6’8 lug on the team to beat the shit out of guys in Rempe

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
My positive reading is that the players wanted a coach that pushes them and calls them out when they suck. Everyone sucks sometimes. What matters is how they respond.
The slight worry is if that's what everyone wanted. Need everyone on the same page.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Trying to figure out what he is. Was more active than his last appearance. Don’t know if he has it or will be on waivers this time next year.
He’s big and mobile and seems pretty willing to absorb contact and skate with the puck. That’s good. Not sure about his defensive skill but I have to think that will come, considering his skill set.

Reactions: E-Train

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
My positive reading is that the players wanted a coach that pushes them and calls them out when they suck. Everyone sucks sometimes. What matters is how they respond.
The slight worry is if that's what everyone wanted. Need everyone on the same page.
I agree. While I’m very critical of the ‘core’ and their lack of spirit, I also think it’s not a cynical, conscious thing. I think they all would be fine with some help from the coaching staff to get themselves going. The best athletes - I believe - want a kick in the ass when they’re lagging.

Reactions: CLW

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Game Highlights and Interviews:

Compare that to Gallant last pre-season, after a terrible performance.

He said something like "These games don't mean nothin', it's preseason and you want a better result, but it's just preseason, and we'll figure things out"

Laviolette is no nonsense and doesn't let the players run the show. A real coach.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
What if he’s already vanished, in the pre-season tho? Vince M ripped him a new one in Lohud post-game.

Reactions: Slaydagnar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad