GDT: 9/29/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Carolina vs Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 3]

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Who’s this Felix Robert kid? Is he any good?
Undrafted free agent. Broke in professionally with Pittsburgh's minor league team, but signed an entry level deal with us last year. He's undersized, but fast and tenacious. Was hurt at times last season with Syracuse in the AHL

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
If we had given up a goal, this would have been your fault.
hercules-pain-and-panic.gif

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Oh, and they whacked 3 posts early in the game...First complete game I've seen. Glendenning still has lots of giddyup and so does Motte. Game was a quasi pond hockey feel, with very little contact, and thats OK , its preseason. Yeah, the Robert kid was a standout, as was Johansson. Good positioning and never floundering on the ice. We'll see lots more of him I'm sure.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Eyssimont impressed me the most, he looks legit on that Cirelli-Sheary line and was effective. Sheary looks like a very solid FA add.

Agree Motte has also been effective. Jeannott looks like a decent skater for his size compared to how he moved last year.

Johansson looked good, but I also noticed several scoring chances the canes shot into him. Not trying to take anything away from him or his shutout, he was always in good position and was very steady. Let's see another.

Reactions: Peacefool

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Didn't see the game but a 42 shot shutout is somewhat positive. Did he look that good or did Carolina have scrubs...saw Ahos name.

Just curious...we are going to need some help while vasy is out.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Didn't see the game but a 42 shot shutout is somewhat positive. Did he look that good or did Carolina have scrubs...saw Ahos name.

Just curious...we are going to need some help while vasy is out.

He’s slower moving about than Vasy when forced to do so and Carolina shot pucks into him, but we are going to have to make that our recipe for success this year.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Put Stammer at C and ABB on his wing? Cause from the look of it, Eyssimont - Cirelli - Sheary would be one hell of a 3rd line for us this season.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Put Stammer at C and ABB on his wing? Cause from the look of it, Eyssimont - Cirelli - Sheary would be one hell of a 3rd line for us this season.
ABB is listed as a center on various sites so maybe that’s an option too?

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Great for JJ's confidence, a good performance against a top team! As others have pointed out, he won't need to play like a Vezina goalie, if he can be decent we will be fine for the first quarter of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad