GDT: 9/26/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Florida [Preseason Game 5]

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sigh.

Oh well. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the next cuts.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sigh.

Oh well. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the next cuts.

Too many guys phoning it in, like the 2nd line. I mean regular season starts next week, so guys want to stay healthy.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Good thing its only preseason

I hate to micromanage but I seriously wish we could get these guys sufficiently motivated. I confess I didn't hear the entire thing because "dad stuff" i.e making dinner and tucking in lil Sunny but every time I heard we were pretty much getting owned.

It really bothers me and it bothers me even more that our PP managed to go 0/5

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
17 combined shots on goal from stammer, Kuch, & Point, but they'll all end the game with a minus. -2 for Kucherov.

whatevs

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hate to micromanage but I seriously wish we could get these guys sufficiently motivated. I confess I didn't hear the entire thing because "dad stuff" i.e making dinner and tucking in lil Sunny but every time I heard we were pretty much getting owned.

It really bothers me and it bothers me even more that our PP managed to go 0/5

Issue is, a lot of these guys know their spots are safe and they have nothing to play for now. Also, did Johnson and Palat even play? Did not even hear their name.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
It sounds from listening to Mishkin calling the game on the radio that it really wasn't until the third fricking period that some of the forwards actually showed up to play.

Yes, Johnson and Palat did play tonight. Each had at least one SOG. Stammer had a bunch of SOG. Point, Sergachev, Strålman and others had multiple SOG but only Cally and Kuch put it in the back of the net. Stammer had a bunch of chances being fed passes from Point, Johnson or Strålman on the multiple PPs but missed on all of them. :facepalm:

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
How did Girardi look? Heard he made some nice plays defensively and obviously set up the 1st goal.

From what Mishkin was saying on the radio, Girardi sounded like he had a pretty good game for the most part. Some good defensive plays, blocked 2 shots and got the assist. He's done better in the two preseason games than I thought he would. He did have the lowest TOI for defensemen at 14:35, but that might just be the key to him being effective. Don't overload him with heavy minutes and perhaps he'll do okay.

Sergachev actually had the second highest TOI 19:50 among the defensemen with 1 shot, 1 hit, 1 block and 1 takeaway so the coaches should have been able to get a really good look at him. Strålman had team high TOI of 21:12 with 4 shots, 2 hits and a block, all of which are good signs since he's coming back from injury. The top two forwards for TOI were Kucherov with 20:07 and Palat with 20:05.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
From what Mishkin was saying on the radio, Girardi sounded like he had a pretty good game for the most part. Some good defensive plays, blocked 2 shots and got the assist. He's done better in the two preseason games than I thought he would. He did have the lowest TOI for defensemen at 14:35, but that might just be the key to him being effective. Don't overload him with heavy minutes and perhaps he'll do okay.

Sergachev actually had the second highest TOI 19:50 among the defensemen with 1 shot, 1 hit, 1 block and 1 takeaway so the coaches should have been able to get a really good look at him. Strålman had team high TOI of 21:12 with 4 shots, 2 hits and a block, all of which are good signs since he's coming back from injury. The top two forwards for TOI were Kucherov with 20:07 and Palat with 20:05.

That's what I've been saying since the day he got signed here. Limit his mins, and he can be very effective. He was playing over his head in NY. I still think he will be an upgrade to last season's bottom pairing. May be bold to say that but think with how things are playing out in camp/preseason the future looks pretty good for him, well lets hope. He still has a lot to prove.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
have u guys seen Sergs rush the puck yet? As in end to end rushes. And has he been good this game?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I was at the game and I can comment a bit on the Russian players

Vasy was pretty good, he made one highlight reel save and was otherwise sharp. Two goals he let in were top corner snipes and one was a redirect in front of the net.

Sergachev played a decent game, I only noticed one bad d zone pass and he got rocked a couple times. Decent skating and puck control, I wish he would shoot more on PP.

Volkov had a rough game, he tried very hard but he turned the puck over a lot.

Namestnikov was invisible until the mid third.

Kucherov was creative as always. Once he turned the puck over in front of the net but immediately took it back.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I was at the game and I can comment a bit on the Russian players

Vasy was pretty good, he made one highlight reel save and was otherwise sharp. Two goals he let in were top corner snipes and one was a redirect in front of the net.

Sergachev played a decent game, I only noticed one bad d zone pass and he got rocked a couple times. Decent skating and puck control, I wish he would shoot more on PP.

Volkov had a rough game, he tried very hard but he turned the puck over a lot.

Namestnikov was invisible until the mid third.

Kucherov was creative as always. Once he turned the puck over in front of the net but immediately took it back.

Well can't Sergachev wasn't given a chance, he proved he's not ready, he had a better camp last year in Montreal. Maybe a little too confident going in this year or not enough preparation.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014

But, how was his corsi?

rangerrat

Jan 3, 2010

But, how was his corsi?
. Too many people get hung up on this corsi factIf Mishkin was saying a good game along with any Bolts Fans that may of Listened to the game, We should be happy that things seem to be going well so far.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
. Too many people get hung up on this corsi factIf Mishkin was saying a good game along with any Bolts Fans that may of Listened to the game, We should be happy that things seem to be going well so far.

I agree, think Corsi is flawed in some ways. If Girardi is doing his job and preventing scoring then he is good. So far in the preseason, he has provided some offense, has broken up key plays from the opponents, and blocked shots from getting to Vasy. I have watched as many Ranger games as Tampa ones last season, and Girardi was playing over his head in NY. We are going to regret that Staal was not bought out instead, man he looks terrible in camp and his preseason games. But glad Girardi is in Tampa to get another chance and on a team I also follow. So hoping for the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad