PGT: 9/25 Europe vs Sweden - Europe stuns Sweden in OT and advances to final

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
even if the swedes didn't care, how the hell a D that includes Karlsson/Hedman/OEL/Stralman and Hjalmarsson can lose against "team Europe"? that D should have won the game by itself...

We didn't move our hockey sticks fast enough. (Think boat Engine propeller!)

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
Z isn't much slower than the Sedins or even half the other forwards on the swedish team. He's a better leader than all of them though and knows how to bring it in important situations. He would have helped.

So would Nyquist. This team needed one forward with a combination of speed and goalscoring ability. Sweden isn't Canada who can leave out talented players because they're not big and strong defensively.

Just a poorly assembled team that got even worse by Z/Steen missing.

Who would you take out in order to bring in Nyquist? Surely he's not good enough for that top6, at least not on paper, then what? I thought both Landeskog and Soderberg were great, their line was probably our best in the whole tournament, shame they didn't get more minutes. Then there's Silfverberg and Hagelin, 2 players that had equal or better years than Nyquist last year. Silfverberg brought some size to that 4th line that was considered a pretty small 4th line with Kruger and Hagelin. Hagelin basically brings the elements that you said, at least the speed without a doubt. He might not be as good a goalscorer as Nyquist, but he surely fits that 4th line role much better than Nyquist, without being a grinder that can't do anything else.

I don't mind Nyquist, but i honestly can't see where he would have fit in on Team Sweden. Saying that we "aren't Canada" and that we can't leave out talented players seems strange, because on paper, we had talented players on all of our 4 lines. Even though they were obviously not on the same level as Canada's, but it's not like Nyquist would've changed that. Our 3rd and 4th line wasn't just pure grinding lines, though they could fit that role nicely if necessary.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Who would you take out in order to bring in Nyquist? Surely he's not good enough for that top6, at least not on paper, then what? I thought both Landeskog and Soderberg were great, their line was probably our best in the whole tournament, shame they didn't get more minutes. Then there's Silfverberg and Hagelin, 2 players that had equal or better years than Nyquist last year. Silfverberg brought some size to that 4th line that was considered a pretty small 4th line with Kruger and Hagelin. Hagelin basically brings the elements that you said, at least the speed without a doubt. He might not be as good a goalscorer as Nyquist, but he surely fits that 4th line role much better than Nyquist, without being a grinder that can't do anything else.

I don't mind Nyquist, but i honestly can't see where he would have fit in on Team Sweden. Saying that we "aren't Canada" and that we can't leave out talented players seems strange, because on paper, we had talented players on all of our 4 lines. Even though they were obviously not on the same level as Canada's, but it's not like Nyquist would've changed that. Our 3rd and 4th line wasn't just pure grinding lines, though they could fit that role nicely if necessary.

Nyquist, Steen and Zetteberg would have mattered though.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Even though Sweden were horrible, they still dominated team Europe.

Too bad Lundqvist totally **** the bed when it mattered, as usual.

Yeah, no.
Team Europe is no trash but win or lose, it remains a gimmick team. Gimmick doesn't mean mediocre, it means it makes no freaking sense.

This format could become a great tradition. The NA team is a great way to present the future stars of the NHL from NA, and Team Europe is a great concept for countries who wouldn't have a chance to beat the top ones. It's new now, but in 10 years, this could be a great tradition that all fans and players look forward to.

If the NHL isn't going to the olympics, I agree with having national teams only, as that should be the replacement. But if they do go to the olympics, this format has something special into it that makes it different from other sports. I like it.

even if the swedes didn't care, how the hell a D that includes Karlsson/Hedman/OEL/Stralman and Hjalmarsson can lose against "team Europe"? that D should have won the game by itself...

says who? some weepy whiny posters? I guess that makes it true.

Yea I'm not understanding all this "gimmick team" talk.. like who honestly gives a rat's ass? It's still a team in the tournament and they still made it to the finals. I know I for one enjoyed watching the hell out of team NA. Stop being so serious... this is a sporting event not some super important world dilemma.

exactly this. If someone wants to be serious, go watch what's happening in the world, in North Korea, or somewhere in Africa, and stop complaining about stupid things.

Omg, there's Team Europe playing in world cup.....
image11.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad