PGT: 9/22 - USA vs. Czech Republic - Czech Republic sends Team USA home winless 4-3

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Per quanthockey.com: "The percentage of American [NHL] players has risen considerably during the last decade. At the beginning of the Millennium the share of players from the United States was 15%. Ten years later it has increased to almost 25%."

That's a 66% increase. There are more US players in the NHL than ever. 24.6% of NHL players in 2015-2016 were American: the highest percentage behind Canada. US Hockey has done its job.

Perhaps the high-end talent is lacking for the bulk of the current crop, which doesn't make the US look too good in an international tournament, but the numbers are there.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The talent is there, but when you are leaving some of your best talent home for the sake of grinders, you are already starting out behind.

Factor in that there isn't a concrete system in place and you get this result. Management screwed the pooch at every level.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
this is exactly what needed to happen. i dont ever want to see larkin playing for torts. tyler johnson is money in big games and they dont even invite him? faulk,Shattenkirk, kessel and bobby ryan could have all helped. its like they wanted to be bad with the team and coaching they brought.

I have no clue what this managment team was thinking with some of the picks. I had Okposo on my US Team as well. Okposo, Johnson, Kessel, Faulk, Shattenkirk, and even Bobby Ryan were on my team. The US will learn from this and bounce back.

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
Wow Callahan did not even play and calling him trash? Nothing surprises me with the lack of class on this forum. Unreal.

Being a huge Callahan fan, Actually one good thing came of this, Callahan was not part of this putrid train wreck of a team. So happy with that. He sacrificed the world cup so he could be ready for the Lightning season. Kudos to him there.

If calling a professional hockey player who hs regressed to a 4th line player trash is classless, then you've got to re-order your priorities buddy.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If calling a professional hockey player who hs regressed to a 4th line player trash is classless, then you've got to re-order your priorities buddy.

When has Callahan ever been on a 4th line? It shows you have not been paying attention. He spent about 20 something games on the top line had like 15 or so points when up there and then got re-injured from the same hip injury and spent the rest on the 3rd line with Val Filppula.

So you define regress as someone who had a serious injury and yet still put up 3rd line numbers a 4th liner? Interesting.

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
Callahan would not have made this team better. Guys like him are exactly the problem Team USA created for themselves with this roster. There are more than enough "grit" guys on the team already, no need for another guy that most likely wouldn't be scoring.

IMO Tyler Johnson was the biggest omission, he would have been great with Kane.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Callahan would not have made this team better. Guys like him are exactly the problem Team USA created for themselves with this roster. There are more than enough "grit" guys on the team already, no need for another guy that most likely wouldn't be scoring.

IMO Tyler Johnson was the biggest omission, he would have been great with Kane.

Johnson-Kane would have been a blast to watch.

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
When has Callahan ever been on a 4th line? It shows you have not been paying attention. He spent about 20 something games on the top line had like 15 or so points when up there and then got re-injured from the same hip injury and spent the rest on the 3rd line with Val Filppula.

So you define regress as someone who had a serious injury and yet still put up 3rd line numbers a 4th liner? Interesting.

all of this. that dude is a ****in joke don't pay him attention

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad