PGT: 9/22 - USA vs. Czech Republic - Czech Republic sends Team USA home winless 4-3

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
cut.jpg

ZIp8k8S.jpg

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
US needs some a major retool in who decides their rosters for any tournament from now on. They also need a major retool in who makes their team. They have fallen so far. The talent isn't even close anymore.

When I saw this roster for this tournament, you could just see this team going nowhere. Trying to be gritty in a best-on-best tournament? Good luck.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
USA crashes out of the Tourny with nothing but a whimper (and a Buff cheapshot)

just a complete dud of a team from start to finish...see ya Torts!
Do you even know what a cheap shot is. He wrestled a guy to the ground . Big deal.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It seemed likely the US would have major problems when the roster was announced. But I didn't think they'd go winless (though I didn't Finland would either).

Definitely some reflection needed by the guys putting these teams together.

Credit to the Czechs though. They did come to play and at least get a win out of this thing.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Michalek hat trick - seriously? That is just adding insult to injury with the sweep.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Congratulations to Buff for the 2nd * selection. Nice to see his moron coach finally figure out putting him with Suter and 2x his ice time would result in that kind of play.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
In all fairness to the US players, what did they have to play for. They probably didn't give a ****

MitchP*

Jun 2, 2011
In all fairness to the US players, what did they have to play for. They probably didn't give a ****

USA Hockey

Their country

Pride

Their fans

Their teamates

anyone that didn't give a **** probably should never be asked to put on their national team jersey again.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Man those Torts bobbleheads have plummeted on ebay. Meanwhile Kessel action figures are skyrocketing in value as we speak! :naughty:

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Didn't seem to give a **** when they did have something to play for.

I think this is a big mistake to attribute their losses to effort or whatever. Ryan Kesler is a good player but he can't hold a candle to any center on TC. USA's got some good kids coming up but these guys aren't good enough imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad