PGT: 9/21 North America vs Sweden - North America wins 4-3 in OT but Sweden advances

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Slow and disinterested or not, Sedin should of course have scored, completely alone with Gibson. McKinnon showed him how its done.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Finland has scored one goal in this tournament. If i know my lions right, they will play like their life depend on it against the russians.
They have a lot to prove.

Anyway would like to see russians advance to the semis since they are one of my favourite teams. But im also loving team NA for their pure skill and passion.
So Finland for the win.

This. Lol I am going to check the odds for 2-1 Finland... ;)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
What a effin nightmare to play against that NAT team. It -- is -- the fastest hockey team ever, not even up for debate.

Vic Hedman has a serious Charlie horse after Komarovs cheap shot, and couldn't move that well. These guys will dream nightmares of playing those kids lol. Don't know what I want more, Canada to play Russia or NAT in the semis. For me this is purely a matter of which team has the best chance to beat Canada haha. ;)

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
(mod)

Karlsson was our best D by quite a bit. People focus so much on one or two mistakes that they forget how much he helps this team every shift.

Yea, Karlsson was a huge difference maker for the Swedes and the only one to counter the speedy attack by NA from the back-end.

The best defense is a good offense and Karlsson had the puck most of the time he was on the ice. But people need to see what they wish.

Karlsson didn't even make a defensive error this game looooooool. Can you imagine if Karlsson was dangled there by Matthews instead of Hedman? We'd never hear the end of it, I promise you.

Last edited by a moderator:

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
A longer part with Karlsson, but this one was kind of fun.

Erik Karlsson:
- The first 2 minutes was about the most embarrassing and weirdest I have experienced. I mean they did everything. Breakaways, 2 goals and a penalty. It was like a strike to the face. They came out and played from start and we didn't.

Journalist: - But you must have known this beforehand, how did the team talk about how to start the game?

- I don't know if you have been in any sport at any-time, but sometimes it does not matter what you say or do. It just happens.

In Swedish, source: http://www.dn.se/sport/erik-karlsson-kandes-som-ett-slag-i-ansiktet/

It is not uncommon that a team can pressure in the beginning, but it usually do not result in 2 goals in like a 1 minut. After those few minuts, sweden controlled the game and showed good character to come back from it.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Sweden hasn't won in 10 years. Glad you're satisfied.

In comparison to other nations it is totally agreeable, given good results when not winning. I really do not know what you are after, trolling? If you think that Canada's 3 golds is the perfect amount of gold in this time-span just state it and go on. It isn't like people already know all of this.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Sweden hasn't won in 10 years. Glad you're satisfied.

Canada has never win or even take medal in a neutral best on best tournament and their preformance in whc goes very much up and downs. They are however good at winning corrupt tournaments. So we can do that to you to.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Canada has never win or even take medal in a neutral best on best tournament and their preformance in whc goes very much up and downs. They are however good at winning corrupt tournaments. So we can do that to you to.

tumblr_mjud20KIDS1s8uzeno6_r1_250.gif

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG

Soshi was rigged? The hell are you on about?

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
This format doesn't make any sense.

If we lose the Semi against Europe I agree, if we win the tournament, this format is the best e-v-e-r! :D;)

No, but I agree.

But if anything, with a normal format USA would literally be twice as good while Canada would be even more superior than they are today.

TommySalo

Dec 27, 2009
Well done Sweden.
I have two favourite teams - Russia and Sweden/my girlfriends's country/. Sweden have done enough winning a very difficult group.
And hopefully Russia will win tonight, so we can watch a real classic: Canada-Russia.
Well done to Team NA, but hopefully they won't play at the 1/2 finals. It's ****in disgrace with these hybrid teams /mr. Betmann, you had to invite Switzerland and Slovakia and the tournament would have looked much more normal/. No national anthem, no national pride, it is not suprise other team were not 100% motivated playing against Team Europe and Team NA.
That is why Olympic games are still the biggest competition in the world

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
Yea, Karlsson was a huge difference maker for the Swedes and the only one to counter the speedy attack by NA from the back-end.

The best defense is a good offense and Karlsson had the puck most of the time he was on the ice. But people need to see what they wish.

Karlsson didn't even make a defensive error this game looooooool. Can you imagine if Karlsson was dangled there by Matthews instead of Hedman? We'd never hear the end of it, I promise you.

Yea he recieves a lot of hate just for the fact that he is Karlsson. He was the one that carried our offense in to NAs zone most of the time, one of the only players keeping up the speed with NA and placed that beautiful shot on Berglunds stick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorey*

Aug 26, 2016
Funny seeing canadians blaming canadian refs of being biased to sweden. You guys take the prize

Juppy61

May 14, 2013
Canada
I assume he's thinking of Bäckisgate? (not that it was anyones fault except Swedens/Bäckströms own)

Maybe, who knows!!! For the record, Backstrom should not have need banned in Sochi. I think most Canadian fans and players feel the same.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think your beef should be with the trainer whose job it is to know these things.

Blaming "the system" is tiresome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad