PGT: 9/21 - Canada vs Europe - Canada wins Group A with a 4-1 win over Europe.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The best players, spanning EIGHT European nations got together to form this team and they could barely muster a shot against "tired" Canada, that played an intense, highly physical game the night before, while Europe got to rest up and watch.

EIGHT.

We're just THAT GOOD.

USA should really be holding their heads high. Might be the only team to score 2 goals against us in either event.

Why?

Because a tired Canadian squad coasted to a 4-1 win over a rested European squad that could barely register a shot?

Ok you said your piece... Not sure you have a point other than obnoxious gloating.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
The best players, spanning EIGHT European nations got together to form this team and they could barely muster a shot against "tired" Canada, that played an intense, highly physical game the night before, while Europe got to rest up and watch.

EIGHT.

We're just THAT GOOD.

Don't be so modest! Europe has more than those 8 countries, so in reality you won against a team representing 46 nations, including the mighty Andorra and San Marino and the renowned hockey countries of Turkey and Portugal. Astonishing!

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Don't be so modest! Europe has more than those 8 countries, so in reality you won against a team representing 46 nations, including the mighty Andorra and San Marino and the renowned hockey countries of Turkey and Portugal. Astonishing!
:laugh: Seriously. I hate when I see kids gloating. Canada is the overwhelming favourite for international hockey. There is nothing to brag about. The games are very fun, but holy hell it's just for fun.

I'm glad Stammer is struggling right now. This is a good warm up for him to get geared up before the NHL season. So let him struggle. I'd rather him struggle now than in the season. But I'm sure we'll see plenty of that. Obviously he's the new Scott Gomez. Someone will create a website tracking the last time he scored a goal, and it'll be a grand ol' time for us all.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
It appears that Stamkos may never score a goal again. How many quality chances does he need?

I don't think Canada should take Stamkos again. There are players who fit better in the system, say Taylor Hall for example. Stamkos has a wicked shot but Canada has more than enough firepower, no need for a pure sniper like Stamkos.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
With the amount of depth Canada has, really no excuse to ever not win. Anything short of gold is a disappointment for them.

Botta

Jul 12, 2010

EIGHT.

We're just THAT GOOD.

Not exactly hockey superpowers. Norway has 45 rinks and 4000 junior players, Denmark even less. Slovakia 61 rinks. Take a look at survey of players on the iihf Website and you will find out how small many hockey nations are. Unfortunately:(

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Like I said in the last thread

"You're just mad he's leaving your team and trashing him because he wants to go home"

"top-10 forward, pay the man whatever he wants"

Seriously, we've been saying it for 2 years, yet 95% of Hf who doesn't even watch Stamkos thought it was "hating". I remember seeing half the TO board saying he was worth 12m no questions.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I don't think Canada should take Stamkos again. There are players who fit better in the system, say Taylor Hall for example. Stamkos has a wicked shot but Canada has more than enough firepower, no need for a pure sniper like Stamkos.

Hah, don't think Stamkos is as good as he was and he definitely made this team on reputation but even then, Hall wouldn't make it over him. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of players/management who respect Hall's game that much, Stamkos at the very least is a depth player on this team who gels very well with the other guys, he's a very well respected player, he's very good for team morale as long as he doesn't do stupid **** on the ice.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus

EIGHT.

We're just THAT GOOD.

Yes. The mediocer 8 nations that aren't good enough on their own.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Canada is so good at hockey, that even if all countries in Australia, Africa, South n Central America AND Asia combined thier forces, Canada would still win! Think about that!

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava

EIGHT.

We're just THAT GOOD.

You do realize those players are from eight weak European countries, right?

Corax

May 1, 2007
Europe was playing for nothing. Still not domination by Canada. More time to Zuch, Gabby, and Franz. They skated around in offensive zone with ease.
Sweden is doable for Team Europe.
Good luck to Canada, hopefully they can make the finals. But also watching Russia and Team Europe in the finals would be good fun.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

EIGHT.

We're just THAT GOOD.

Europe wanted to throw the game. Why else play Sbisa?:laugh:

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone

EIGHT.

We're just THAT GOOD.
This guy. lmfao:laugh:

GaboriklessWild

Oct 20, 2013

EIGHT.

We're just THAT GOOD.

Nine canadian (+1 american) players were on the ice against six European players

tmlmatus

Dec 29, 2013
Toronto

EIGHT.

We're just THAT GOOD.

:shakehead ... good old Canadian humility. Congrats on the big win and being the best at Hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad