PGT: 9/21 - Canada vs Europe - Canada wins Group A with a 4-1 win over Europe.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
cut.jpg

BAEP0jJ.jpg

Last edited:

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
It appears that Stamkos may never score a goal again. How many quality chances does he need?

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
It appears that Stamkos may never score a goal again. How many quality chances does he need?

Like I said in the last thread

Stamkos has the lowest IQ and vision of any "elite" player in the league. He's pretty much a faster James Neal with weaker strength.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
The best players, spanning EIGHT European nations got together to form this team and they could barely muster a shot against "tired" Canada, that played an intense, highly physical game the night before, while Europe got to rest up and watch.

EIGHT.

We're just THAT GOOD.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
The best players, spanning EIGHT European nations got together to form this team and they could barely muster a shot against "tired" Canada, that played an intense, highly physical game the night before, while Europe got to rest up and watch.

EIGHT.

We're just THAT GOOD.

Meh, that was a rather mediocre performance by Canada, but I get your point. I guess I can't get over how good they were in Sochi. :laugh:

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Like I said in the last thread

Depends on what you include in the broad category of hockey IQ.

You can't name many players who know how to read a defense and get open like Stamkos can. A very undervalued skill.

When it comes to setting people up, he leaves a lot to be desired.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Oh shoot so the only two teams still in it are Russia and NA. And that team plays Canada...noice..

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Meh, that was a rather mediocre performance by Canada, but I get your point. I guess I can't get over how good they were in Sochi. :laugh:

Sochi we had Keith who was great when paired with Weber. Plus the big ice allows any country to shut down the defensive zone. It's hard to score when the best D of Sochi pushes you to the outside and you have no options.

Scotty B

Jan 1, 2014
USA should really be holding their heads high. Might be the only team to score 2 goals against us in either event.

They lost to T Europe and looked dreadful doing so...More likely they'll be wearing false mustaches, dark glasses and hats, with their collars turned up...

Scotty B

Jan 1, 2014
Sochi we had Keith who was great when paired with Weber. Plus the big ice allows any country to shut down the defensive zone. It's hard to score when the best D of Sochi pushes you to the outside and you have no options.

How come they had so much trouble scoring on the likes of Latvia? Our 2015 WC Team scored about 7 goals per game, in Prague, on Big Ice...

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Alright nice. Thanks guys, I thought I heard that as well, but wasn't sure.

I am very excite!

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
How come they had so much trouble scoring on the likes of Latvia? Our 2015 WC Team scored about 7 goals per game, in Prague, on Big Ice...

Because the Latvian goalie put on the performance of his life. They had 57 shots on goal.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
They lost to T Europe and looked dreadful doing so...More likely they'll be wearing false mustaches, dark glasses and hats, with their collars turned up...

Why?

Because a tired Canadian squad coasted to a 4-1 win over a rested European squad that could barely register a shot?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Anyone else think that the 3rd line should be Couture-O'Reilly-Duchene? Demote Giroux/Getzlaf/Perry to the 4th with around 12-13 TOI (which is what the ROR/Duchene pair currently is getting).

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa

EIGHT.

We're just THAT GOOD.
Relax, chief.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad