GDT: 9/20 - Canada vs. USA - 8 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Team Canada will let the Americans win tonight because NHL doesn't want Team USA out of the tournament.

Yeah I din't see Canada losing on purpose to keep the USA alive and put themselves in jeopardy forcing themselves to beat Europe(which they should but you never know), only to still have it possible for USA to lose the the Czechs and not get in anyway

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
LOL Oshie

Why would Canada play 100% grit when they have all that skill? Are they going to brainwash Canada or something? Sounds like he is grasping at straws for any silver lining.

I'm sure Team Canada is quivering at the thought of Oshie's grit

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
Oshie is a tool :laugh:

Dude is a perennial Playoff underachiever, where Grit is truly displayed. Finally had a decent showing for once this past year.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Is Torts planning to have Dubinsky shadow Crosby or did he put Abdelkader on Kane's line to have Abdelkader try to do it? Because either of that won't end well for the US unless they get an early lead, it'll end up with Dubinsky or Abdelkader on the ice for big chunks of the game assuming Babcock plays the Crosby line a lot.

HawksFanTim

Jul 17, 2013
Washington DC
Is Torts planning to have Dubinsky shadow Crosby or did he put Abdelkader on Kane's line to have Abdelkader try to do it? Because either of that won't end well for the US unless they get an early lead, it'll end up with Dubinsky or Abdelkader on the ice for big chunks of the game assuming Babcock plays the Crosby line a lot.

I believe Dubinksy was scratched.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Gonna watch it and cheer for USA, but don't have the enthusiasm I would normally have because of the stupid gimmick teams, which hurt Team USA the most. At minimum Gaudreau and Eichel would be on this team. Canada is fine with the gimmick teams because they have the depth to survive it (heck if they had a B team even they'd be contenders).

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
That's a rich comment. Canada will throttle the American team but I don't expect it to be easy till we get them down. Once we get them down the Americans will be thinking of ways to destroy their hotel rooms.

Thanks for proving my point bud. :laugh:

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
Gonna watch it and cheer for USA, but don't have the enthusiasm I would normally have because of the stupid gimmick teams, which hurt Team USA the most. At minimum Gaudreau and Eichel would be on this team. Canada is fine with the gimmick teams because they have the depth to survive it (heck if they had a B team even they'd be contenders).

Gaudreau and Eichel would not have made the senior team if NA did not exist.

Hemsky001

May 17, 2012
Just drop it, we're dead mate :).

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad