GDT: 9/20 - Canada vs. USA - 8 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Should be a great game. People are counting out the US way too early. When you have a guy like Kane on your team you can win any game. Canada has to be careful here or they could face a must win tomorrow after a potentially exhausting, emotional game here.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
I actually think this will be closer than we think. Atmosphere should be raucous and loud. So pumped. Never thought I'd be so into this tournament, especially in September! :yo:

Go Canada Go!!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I am expecting a good game. USA will bring everything they have. They were built to beat Team Canada. It's Time. Canada will win unless Quick (assuming he's playing) stands on his head again

Scotty B

Jan 1, 2014
Can't sleep, so I'll just tune in to see USA get mauled.

As a Canuck I feel a tinge of Schadenfreude ....don't wanna take pleasure in the misfortune of others, a neighbor no less

But the train wreck that is the Torts' led Team Yankee Doodle Dandies is so comically absurd, such a soap opera on steroids, that u just gotta watch, a little twisted smile on your face, trying not to gloat TOO MUCH

U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A ;)

Last edited:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
John Shannon: "I really think this game is gonna be a lot closer than people think"

1 minute later

"I'd be shocked if the Americans won"

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Do I think US can win? Absolutely. Having said that, it would mean that the goaltending is stellar on the US end and Price doesn't have a great game...which was the case in the first pretournament game.

Jeppe950

May 21, 2013
Will probably only be able to catch the 1'st unfortunately. I have no favorite of these teams, but atleast I hope for a close game.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Canada rightly so will come out hard and look to bury Team USA early. This will be a tough one to win for us (USA).

Looking forward to some physicality...

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
Canada is clearly the better team. However, hockey is funny, in 1 game basically anything can happen. Quick overall has been pretty sharp. Better than he's looked in a while honestly. I don't expect him to be a sieve, so he'll keep the US in it on the scoreboard, the US will need to get some lucky bounces and strike on the PP. It's not impossible but they aren't gonna outplay Canada with the personnel they have. Gotta hope for some luck and that's possible in 1 game. Should be pretty intense tho

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I'm expecting the Yanks to come out hard tonight. It will likely boil down to Quick vs Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad