GDT: 9/20 - Canada vs. USA - 8 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Is Patrick Kane playing?

*checks ice time*

Holy crap, Team Canada is doing a good job of keeping him not only off the board, but off the television screen.

He has an assist in this game (primary one at that). For a Hawks fan, your Kane bashing is really bizarre.

rubco55

Feb 15, 2016
Toronto
For those saying Quick is trash on the international stage, he is the only reason the game against Canada was close at Sochi and TJ Oshie doesn't get a chance to be an American Hero if Quick doesn't stop something like 12 shootout attempts.

He just got beat by a highly skilled player on a great move. So if Schneider gets beat there, it's a good move but Quick gets beat and he sucks because it doesn't fit your agenda?

Schneider hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt so he needed to perform in the pre-tourney games. Quick has earned the benefit of the doubt with Team USA but also performed in the pre-tourney games.

It's a pretty easy decision, actually. The deck was stacked against Team USA to begin with so it isn't a shocker if they lose this game. The guy with the more impressive big game resume who isn't close to being dead yet--no matter what the armchair jockeys in here want to believe--won the job, simple as that.

Easy to snipe in hindsight. I started all of my Saints and Giants in fantasy football last week because it was the smart decision. Wound up being wrong but doesn't mean it wasn't the logical move going into Sunday's games.

Quick is still a great goalie and was very good in Sochi.
And I'm a Habs fan...

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
yeah except they'll leave some of those guys off so they can get jack johnson and abdelkader on the team again

Seriously. We've been told for years that the US team will get better and more skilled players and then we cough up the puck on coaching, chemistry, putting the team together, etc.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Hey Babcock is getting the forwards to collapse a bit too much on defense now isn't he? I know they have a 2-goal lead but the US defense isn't looking that great and it seems to be worth going for.

I wish more teams did what we saw with the Pens last season where Sullivan let the forwards keep a high line and be ready for that quick breakout pass.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
wait people think the team is better without having kessel, ryan, and faulk not on the roster?

yes, the people that constructed team USA do

was that not obvious? why would they ice a team that they believed was worse than what they could potentially ice?

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I mean, Quick is probably the fourth or fifth most important player on the Kings after Kopitar, Doughty, Muzzin and (maybe) Carter. Could probably add Toffoli ,too

I've watched pretty much every minute of all of these guys careers, save for Carter.

You are embarrassing yourself right now.

Notice how I'm not talking about Schneider or Bishop at all? It's because I'm at work at 4:30 PST and don't pretend that I know everything about them because I read HF.

You should follow suit.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
he is starting to remind me of Bergeron, he is getting the 200 foot game down pretty good

People will be amazed with Okposo not holding him back with stupid defensive plays how much better his defensive numbers get

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
And for the massive advantage Canada has on us in talent, they have an even bigger advantage behind the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland