GDT: 9/17/13 - pre-season - CBJ @ MIN - 7pm CT - KFAN/Wild.com (Radio)

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
So if Dumba doesn't make the Wild this season, he will be playing in juniors, correct?

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
What did impress me with the Wild PP was that people were moving, at least on the Nino goal. I was confused on which team I was watching.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I usually expect the vets to help out their rookie linemates, but last year Heatley wasn't much help to anyone on the ice. We can hope it will be different this year.

Didn't we hear the same promises about Heatley last year? And if I recall he started off looking pretty good early in the season, but then quickly fell apart.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Last year, Heatley "really worked out" in the offseason, adding "upper body mass". Why, I couldn't tell you. Upper body mass is not important unless you're a fighter. You don't skate with your pecs or biceps. And he did look great for about two weeks, then slowed way down. Of course, he was coming off knee surgery, so he couldn't work out his lower body except to rehab. That's not going to help your speed.

This year, apparently he lost 25 pounds and worked on his skating. In theory, that's a much, much smarter idea. Of course, he had shoulder surgery so he couldn't really do any upper body work. Which is fine, because it's not as important as lower body and core stuff.

I'd expect his offseason training will prepare him for a much better year than last year. But he's 32 years old and was never taking fitness seriously before (at least from everything I've heard, which is speculation). So it's really a wild card.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
You guys actually talk hockey here instead of holding a good old boys internet bully contest in every thread?

Aww, thanks! Good ol' boys...who might they be? Hockey? Couldn't tell that was being played after Marco Scandella's 'wonderful' game. He might just play himself off the team!

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
Sounds like...

Granlund had a pretty good game. Looked faster, sharper but it needs to be said that he was basically playing against an enhanced Traverse City team last night. A few vets with 12 rookies. Granlund's faceoff numbers got better as the game went on but he was in the low 40's through the first two periods of the game. That isn't going to cut it at the NHL level; and certainly not as a 2nd line center.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Our section was just calling for 5v5 hockey since apparently being a man up made our team worse like long stretches of last season.

I honestly couldn't believe what I was watching. They were on the PP and didn't even leave our own zone :biglaugh: they couldn't make a pass to save their lives.

Granlund had a pretty good game. Looked faster, sharper but it needs to be said that he was basically playing against an enhanced Traverse City team last night. A few vets with 12 rookies. Granlund's faceoff numbers got better as the game went on but he was in the low 40's through the first two periods of the game. That isn't going to cut it at the NHL level; and certainly not as a 2nd line center.

He got kicked out twice in the offensive zone in a row. Coyle looked better. Was tied up once and he knocked the guy on his ass and got the puck.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
I honestly couldn't believe what I was watching. They were on the PP and didn't even leave our own zone :biglaugh: they couldn't make a pass to save their lives.

He got kicked out twice in the offensive zone in a row. Coyle looked better. Was tied up once and he knocked the guy on his ass and got the puck.

Yea, I could hear the boo's during that power play. Not a great debut for Bruno's power play. They did score once, but again...after we're down 3-0 and did little to nothing after that.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Yea, I could hear the boo's during that power play. Not a great debut for Bruno's power play. They did score once, but again...after we're down 3-0 and did little to nothing after that.
Which was a little surprising. We should all be use to that kind of power play by now. Heck, there's a warning about it on the back of the ticket. People need to read the fine print so they know what to expect. Why waste the energy screaming at them? I find it soothing to simply shake my head and laugh. Like going to the circus. :laugh: :rant:

Allowing a shorty though....now THAT was a whole lot of fun.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Who wants to play for fans who boo them in the first period:shakehead which is probally where they lost confidence. I know they should understand it. At least we scored on the powerplay:handclap:

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
C'mon...

Who wants to play for fans who boo them in the first period:shakehead which is probally where they lost confidence. I know they should understand it. At least we scored on the powerplay:handclap:

They're adults and professionals, if they can't take boo's or hostile crowds then they're in the wrong career. Fans can boo if they want. Yet, if they don't leave their own zone during our power play, I think they have every right to boo it to oblivion. That's an epic failure worthy of booing IMO.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
You are blaming the fans for the professional athletes looking like a bunch of scrubs on the PP?

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
You are blaming the fans for the professional athletes looking like a bunch of scrubs on the PP?

No I'm saying I have heard other teams fan bases still cheer for their team when their losing. To cheer them on but booing defiantly doesn't help them.

I just don't agree with booing at all

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

How many of the guys on the power play units last night are guaranteed spots on the opening night roster, let alone the power play? So they kind of were a bunch of scrubs on the power play. It be like someone getting mad at an idiotic opinion expressed by an idiot. That's what you get from an idiot most of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad