GDT: #9 - 02/01/21 | penguins @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG PLUS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Laf with a strong 9:00 minutes of development
Only Brodzinski had less ice time than him for the forward group. Just absurd. I didnt see him do anything significantly wrong to not be out on the ice.

Also Bitetto only got 14+ minutes and that was with us being down to 5 defenseman. If you cant trust him then play someone else. Find someone else.

Reactions: duhmetreE

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
9 mins for Laf and that’s after playing IMO his best period of the year.

Quinn did the exact same thing to kakko a few nights ago so shouldn’t be surprised

great third period

again you win Cups with guys like Miller and Fox on your blue line.

huge for shesterkin. That’s him at his best shutting it down. Quinn cannot be dumb enough to go back to Georgie here can he?

not for nothing this has been a nightmare start. Not sure what else could go wrong but a win on Thursday and this team is thru 10 games a 500 hockey team. Plenty of time to build off of that if that’s the case.

Reactions: duhmetreE and Tob

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
I know the stats say that face-offs don't have a huge impact on possession or expected goals, but f***ing hell, they really do kill us.
I don't know much about the numbers, but I would intuitively believe that while 5v5 faceoffs don't mean much, high leverage face-offs (particularly on special teams) have a statistically significant impact on expected goals. Someone else would have to run the numbers on that though.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
i have ocd and am really annoyed that Rooney's bucket has a CCM decal from like 2009 on it instead of the current one everyone else has.

kevin-rooney-of-the-new-york-rangers-takes-a-faceoff-against-sidney-picture-id1230919706

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad