Prospect Info: 8th IceHogs, Fuel, NCAA/Jr./Int'l Prospects thread - Offseason in Rockford

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Season ticket holder dinner tonight! :D

6jeiia.jpg

3ef10.jpg

Wouter:
mvhyqu.jpg

Snuggy:
r1wlg1.jpg

Radke:
2lthwyo.jpg

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So Scott Powers has an article pn Sikura returning to Northeastern for his Senior Year ..and that he is well aware of the K.Hayes bolting to go free agent and landing in NYR..but since I do bot subscribe to The Athletics sure I do not know the resons Sikura decided to go bavk and finish school ..nor if he tipped any intention to use the drafted Sr. rule to go free agent..we know there bis no monetary difference but opportunity to play in the show /less spots taken elsewhere and so greater chance to start right away on the NHL COULD sway him to explore opportunity with another team I would imagine.

Hawks still.might sign him but only IF they burn a year as they did with Hayden off a 2 yr ELC. Means they will have to play him in 1 game in the regular season at least next season if he signs next spring ..but it could get dicey ..Frozen Four ends this year 2017 on April 8th ...NHL regular season usually ends around the 9th or 10th of April..sp if Northeastern in 2018 gets alk the way to a Frozen Four Final then he may not get the chance to burn a year of ELC ..and so he may be indifferent as to why sign in Chicago when a 2 year ELC elsewhere could be better if there is a spot open to compete for from the getgo rather than spend time in the minors.

Last edited:

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
So Scott Powers has an article pn Sikura returning to Northeastern for his Senior Year ..and that he is well aware of the K.Hayes bolting to go free agent and landing in NYR..but since I do bot subscribe to The Athletics sure I do not know the resons Sikura decided to go bavk and finish school ..nor if he tipped any intention to use the drafted Sr. rule to go free agent..we know there bis no monetary difference but opportunity to play in the show /less spots taken elsewhere and so greater chance to start right away on the NHL COULD sway him to explore opportunity with another team I would imagine.

Hawks still.might sign him but only IF they burn a year as they did with Hayden off a 2 yr ELC. Means they will have to play him in 1 game in the regular season at least next season if he signs next spring ..but it could get dicey ..Frozen Four ends this year 2017 on April 8th ...NHL regular season usually ends around the 9th or 10th of April..sp if Northeastern in 2018 gets alk the way to a Frozen Four Final then he may not get the chance to burn a year of ELC ..and so he may be indifferent as to why sign in Chicago when a 2 year ELC elsewhere could be better if there is a spot open to compete for from the getgo rather than spend time in the minors.

Sikura said he doesn't think he's ready for the pro game. He wants another year to get bigger/stronger and develop his game.

Sikura said the Blackhawks have supported his decision but are also wary considering what happened with Hayes. Sikura understands that and says he plans to sign with the Blackhawks a year from now.

"They've been tremendous" Sikura said "I wouldn't expect anything less from the org. Obviously it got brought up in conversation something like Kevin Hayes situation where he decided to go back for a senior season and obviously chose to sign elsewhere. They've definitely been burnt in the past."

"The way I see it Chicago is a team that took a chance on me, I guess you could say. They've believed in me. Theyve been there every step of the process. Since freshman year when I was sitting in the stands, they were at games talking to me, seeing how i can improve, always supporting. Its definitely the organization I want to be a part of. Its reassuring to see guys like Hayden and Louis. They went back for their senior year, thought they could develop their game a bit more, then signed with Chicago. Thats something Im looking to do as well"

Actually quite reassuring.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well of Sikura can get a bit stronger and work on his defending side then going back for Senior year is the correct thing to do for his development .

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
DeBrincat goes into playoffs with a 27 game point streak. First game of playoffs keeps it rolling with 1g 1a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad