GDT: #82 | Oilers @ Flames | "The End" | Apr 6 | 8 PM | CBC

Will Draisaitl hit 50 goals tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

space321

May 11, 2011
It was an "instinct" play from Giordano. You're not going to change the type of instincts he has, no matter what you do in retribution.

You can argue all you want about Giordano being careless and being a dumbass, and I would fully agree with you. But even if you knocked Gaudreau out of this game with a headshot, you're not changing the way Giordano plays that.

Well then his teammates will have to keep paying for it, in an ideal world anyways. Obviously not with this oilers squad. Look at Kassian and Larsson already dreaming of the golf course lmao.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Actually he didn't. His skating was never the same, and still isn't the same. Mcdavid, with his reliance on his speed, cannot afford to have the same injury Stamkos did. It will SEVERELY affect his game, rendering his best weapon all but useless

Stamkos is skating just great now, as fast as he's ever been. However, it took him 2-3 years to get back to his normal self. There were a couple injuries in that span as well.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Gio grabs at his legs after he was turnstiled and on his face with McDavid at full light speed cutting for the net. What did Gio think was going to happen?

Gio took Koivus knee out when he was beat. Didn’t “mean” to rip up his knee there either.

It’s a dirty unnecessary play.

He needs to get fed a few at the very least.

View attachment 210139
He literally tackles Connor to try after being embarrassed

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
ya, i remember telling my buddy a couple of years ago that it scares the sh** out of me that connor always drives the net that hard with opposing d tihghtly in tow and that one of these days he's gonna get seriously hurt because of it and that it might ruin his career. f***. i wish he was a little more selective with his drives but i guess that's part of what makes him so great and hard to defend.

holy f*** please stop, is career is not ruined, just stop with this nonsense

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I'm going with the optimistic approach. It's broken, but the best mind of broken. Skating by September and no long term effect.
Stamkos' skating didn't take a step back until his knee injury. And he still can fly.

This is how I see it as well.

Reactions: nabob

space321

May 11, 2011
I do have perspective which is why I haven't lost my head but you do you.

I haven't lost my head either. I'm venting in a GDT. But you can think you're better than me, it doesn't really mean anything.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Scott Oake thanks for the info. May want to check Twitter and not just when you're doing After Hours.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Stamkos is skating just great now, as fast as he's ever been. However, it took him 2-3 years to get back to his normal self. There were a couple injuries in that span as well.

And to be clear while Stamkos is a good skater he was never as fast as McDavid so I'm not sure what other posters are comparing Stamkos' skating to now.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
It's disgusting that these guys are too busy worrying about winning a pointless game to stand up for the guy who's been taking abuse all season to try and keep them looking respectable.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Whoever is the coach next year should take Lucic aside and tell him he's a 4th liner from now on or press box if he plays with no emotion and actually lets shit like what happened to Mcdavid slide. The guy is a ghost 85 percent of the time and I'd rather him up in the stands than on the ice at this point.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
These are the Flames

They are going ti pull the tender and score an EN lol

Horseshoes up their a**es all year

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Whoever is the coach next year should take Lucic aside and tell him he's a 4th liner from now on or press box if he plays with no emotion and actually lets **** like what happened to Mcdavid slide. The guy is a ghost 85 percent of the time and I'd rather him up in the stands than on the ice at this point.

Lucic not playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad