GDT: #82 | Oilers @ Flames | "The End" | Apr 6 | 8 PM | CBC

Will Draisaitl hit 50 goals tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
People will say The Dark Knight was Zimmer's best score of the trilogy, but I personally prefer Batman Begins because of James Newton Howard and his terrific collaboration with Zimmer. The end credits to Batman Begins is still one of the most dopamine release-inducing tracks of all time.

Oh, and Draisaitl scores #50 tonight.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This is the better music we were promised? Formulaic Hans Drivel Zimmel. misspelling intended.

I can't stand this guys scores (of course, who saw that coming) and its like one is like the other. Bombast, disconnected fury. Like a bunch of sounds just made for THX the audience is listening soundbites except less interesting.

Like Roger Waters would state about Andrew Lloyd Weber I feel about Zimmer.

Give me Moroder, give me Tangerine Dream (The Thief soundtrack was the best soundtrack ever as was the title track from Risky business. Thomas Newman another interesting one. Even Vangelis.

Or Sid and Nancy Prayer for Rain scores.

From the best soundtrack ever made;

Or arguably the best movie track ever made, period (albeit a cover because of the sound quality I'm using this version;

So theres the good stuff people.

Oh, and Roger Waters, less listened to track, probably pretty fitting for Oilers fans just about anytime;

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
ps I went easy on you cloned because you said Drai would score 50. What about 51? ;)

Wouldn't that be fittingly surreal postscript to the season?

Reactions: Cloned

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I like the Flames a lot this year and I really hope they win the Stanley Cup. I don't get this "must hate Calgary" thing. Don't people get over that when they're, like, 12?

Anyway, yes Draisaitl will hit 50. If for nothing else, he does NOT deserve to go down in franchise history alongside Jimmy "Quitter" Carson with 49 in a season.

On the other hand, Calgary's not going to just mail it in. They want to feel they're in a winning mode entering the playoffs.

So, maybe 5 - 3 Calgary, but Draisaitl will score.

Thanks to the NHL, by the way, for making it so that Calgary and Edmonton play one another about once every 8 months, just to be sure we fans are bored and don't get too excited about the sport.

Reactions: phillipmatchett

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Ovie going to have a hard time scoring against the Islanders tonight, Im really hoping Drai can steal the Richard

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
If the Rangers beat the Pens, then an Oilers loss means 6th instead of 7th. If so, I would want a 10-9 loss. If they lose, in regulation or overtime/shootout, an Oilers loss would be useless. Then I just want them to win and Drai to win the Rocket.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I like the Flames a lot this year and I really hope they win the Stanley Cup. I don't get this "must hate Calgary" thing. Don't people get over that when they're, like, 12?

Anyway, yes Draisaitl will hit 50. If for nothing else, he does NOT deserve to go down in franchise history alongside Jimmy "Quitter" Carson with 49 in a season.

On the other hand, Calgary's not going to just mail it in. They want to feel they're in a winning mode entering the playoffs.

So, maybe 5 - 3 Calgary, but Draisaitl will score.

Thanks to the NHL, by the way, for making it so that Calgary and Edmonton play one another about once every 8 months, just to be sure we fans are bored and don't get too excited about the sport.

Have you ever been to Calgary? They have an unhealthy obsession about Edmonton. Last time I was there was for the Stampede and people would ask me where I'm from. Once I answered Edmonton they would literally boo, make a disgusted face, and/or mouth off about the Oilers or Eskimos. Yeah, I'm not cheering for the Flames in the playoffs :laugh:

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I cheered for Calgary in 03-04.. that was the last time I’ll ever cheer for them, because in 05-06 every Flames fan I knew was being a piece of shit. f*** those people

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
One minute left in the game, last chance to score, Drai has a wide open net, shoots....
HE SCORES...50!!...But wait, the replay shows, it grazed someones ass, just before it went in.....

And we all know who that was....
Tell me it’s Rieder please.

I remember Dougie Weight putting one in off Smitty’s ass once.

Reactions: McBeastMode

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
One minute left in the game, last chance to score, Drai has a wide open net, shoots....
HE SCORES...50!!...But wait, the replay shows, it grazed someones ass, just before it went in.....

And we all know who that was....
Would have to be Kassian. I know youre hinting at Lucic, but he’d still be labouring to enter the zone before the play ended.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
If the Rangers beat the Pens, then an Oilers loss means 6th instead of 7th. If so, I would want a 10-9 loss. If they lose, in regulation or overtime/shootout, an Oilers loss would be useless. Then I just want them to win and Drai to win the Rocket.
Ideally, the Rangers win, Drai gets his 50th and Nuge gets his 30th in a 9-8 regulation time loss. Lol

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
ps I went easy on you cloned because you said Drai would score 50. What about 51? ;)

Wouldn't that be fittingly surreal postscript to the season?
This and more McPoints is all I'm hoping for. But why not 52? ;) Gaudreau probably hits 100 points tonight too tbh.

Anyways, thank god this season is over. But I'm sure I'll go back to missing Oilers hockey soon this summer, probably not a good thing.

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
Tonight would be a good night to settle a few scores with Tkchuck. I’d be giving him the lumber every shift.

Reactions: TB12

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Two Doors "The End" videos posted on the first page of the thread, lol.

Good taste though my hombres.

Burn it up real good.

Nothing like the smell of Napalm at dawn.

Reactions: McFuhryous

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I doubt Tkachuk will be playing tonight. Calgary will just want to sleep walk through this one, key on 29 and 97 and not get too physical or too crazy a game going I think. Edmonton players will be trying to get Draisatl and Reider goals, will feel much the same other than Kassian who is ready to pop off at anytime, so I expect a sleeper tonight.

Leon gets his 50th and 51st and ties Ovie, Reider gets his 1st, McDavid with 3 assists. We lose 5-3 with the usual empty netter.

Getting ready for the Monday presser with Burgers and waiting with baited breath to see how hard he swings his axe or if they will jam out and say the incoming GM has those decisions to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad