GDT: #80 - 04/05/17 | RANGERS @ capitals | 8:00 - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
1 game's worth of healing "bumps and bruises" <<<< 1 game of rust in the playoffs. Any significant injury isn't going to heal much "extra" with one game off.

They're humans, not mufflers. Not playing for 1 game is not rust. Bumps and bruises can heal with the recovery regimes teams have. Physiologically, recovery is slowed if you have a high pace schedule that requires more bumps and bruises before the original ones can heal. Having one game off paired with off days before and after will do wonders. No one has significant injuries either. The rest is good.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
They're humans, not mufflers. Not playing for 1 game is not rust. Bumps and bruises can heal with the recovery regimes teams have. Physiologically, recovery is slowed if you have a high pace schedule that requires more bumps and bruises before the original ones can heal. Having one game off paired with off days before and after will do wonders. No one has significant injuries either. The rest is good.

I completely disagree but will just leave it at that. Going into the postseason you want your team rolling, in the groove of playing with something on the line. Part of this is unavoidable in that the points worked out in such a way that they clinched their spot so early. Hopefully they don't start off sleepwalking in MTL because they aren't prepared for the intensity.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Caps still playing for a lot, so expect them to be bringing it still. Depends what Pittsburgh does, they will likely take the foot off the gas in their final two games, but not tonight. Don't really expect much tonight. Non stressful game to enjoy before the stressful ones start, lol.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I completely disagree but will just leave it at that. Going into the postseason you want your team rolling, in the groove of playing with something on the line. Part of this is unavoidable in that the points worked out in such a way that they clinched their spot so early. Hopefully they don't start off sleepwalking in MTL because they aren't prepared for the intensity.

They'll get the last game of the season or the second last.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Yea, let's spend Game 1 getting back into the swing of things. Strongly disagree with AV's approach to end of season mgmt.

We as fans know next to nothing in regards to the bumps & bruises the scratched players have, and at this time of year many players have them.

Better to rest them now.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
it's no big deal either way
but thats a lot of NYR '16-17 D min/game sitting 27, 22 and 76 all at once
i guess Klein plays left

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
I would be absolutely shocked if we won this game. And I'm sure the Caps board would have a meltdown.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
These knuckleheads are pretty much saying what I've already said.....May not bode well for Hank, but he will get tested and could help him get into that intensity form the PO's will bring.

Kind of agree that AV is rolling the dice here, maybe he should have started Anti, but that wouldn't be fair to him. Let Hank earn some of his money.....Lol. just joking. Rangers might surprise us, there usually are no "gimme's", so maybe we can compete well enough.

I seriously would take an OT 2-1 loss, just play well......And I usually don't give up the ship. LGR's!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Wouldn't it be great if Vesey and Grabs could pot a few? They need to get their games going......In fact the whole Hayes line needs to.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Time for some players to step up. Accelerate development and confidence and all.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
This is the perfect game for Hank to get a feel for the playoff atmosphere...he's going to face a lot of offensive firepower in an intense environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad