GDT: #8 - 10/28/16 | RANGERS @ hurricanes | 7:30 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Yeah, exactly. Its a bad game so far for Hank, but we can still win the game. We've outplayed the Canes through 2. Win the game, and no one will care how poorly any player played.

Lets win this game and then we can forget the other stuff. :)

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
So is the tremendous awesome back to form partner of his.

He's had a rough game, but those 2 have never played well when paired together.

Thats on the coach.

I'll blame most of it on the coach/system but they've also sucked all on their own

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
How so? 3 person screen in front of him. Who is the defenseman in front who let that guy stand directly in Hank's sight line? 5 seconds left in the period, ****ing shove that guy out of there. Wtf.

And Holden just standing there flailing directly in the shot lane. Not even attempting a block, just standing completely upright. Perfect screen.

I know it's hard to believe watching the feed but it wasn't as bad of a screen as it looked. Holden sucks but Hank should have had that one. He had a solid read on it.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
It's shocking to me how Vigneault can watch this on tape and think to himself, 'Holden is a good defenseman and I'm going to give him lots of minutes, this is good, this is fine, all those goals and turnovers are not his fault and he should continue to get chances."

Absolutely mind boggling..

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Hayes has had some really good looks tonight. We're still not connecting with our passes, but it looks to be an ice issue at this point. A lot of skaters are falling left and right.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Oscar does not look 100% but I respect him for trying his best while Jooris is injured.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
We need to keep a guy in the low slot. Canes are collapsing three guys down low around the net to break the puck out, and no one is there to stop them.

jgrangers2

Mar 20, 2007
I know it's hard to believe watching the feed but it wasn't as bad of a screen as it looked. Holden sucks but Hank should have had that one. He had a solid read on it.

Not that bad of a screen? Seriously? How much better of a screen can you have then two of your own players getting in the shooting lane and an opponent standing a foot in front of the crease? If that's not a great screen then the concept doesn't exist.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Bickell didn't score, but the goal was credited to him.

Yeah, I saw the replay. Hank was too deep and leaning out the other side looking for the puck.

Again, I love him for all he has done over the years, but I agree with Kovy so far this season - he isn't doing more than making the routine saves. He has only been a passenger on the ride the offense is driving. He needs to pick it up.

I have high hopes for this team if he can.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
No offense but it wasn't that bad. Hank should have had it. And I have no problem blaming the D for their screw ups.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Yeah, I saw the replay. Hank was too deep and leaning out the other side looking for the puck.

Again, I love him for all he has done over the years, but I agree with Kovy so far this season - he isn't doing more than making the routine saves. He has only been a passenger on the ride the offense is driving. He needs to pick it up.

I have high hopes for this team if he can.

He was perfectly positioned for the shot. Textbook butterfly square to the shooter whilst keeping his upper body as big as possible.

He didn't see it and the puck had eyes.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
There's no better way to show how many fans are in a visiting building than by engaging in the worst fan tradition in the NHL. :shakehead

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Rofl at Vesey just skating in front of Girardi so he can't just clear it into the zone to give Carolina the puck back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad