Prospect Info: 79th Lane Zablocki

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The entitety of our 2017 draft was weird. I get we were going for size and sand paper, but tons of our draft picks were players whose max ceilings would barely be NHL players. Outside of Rasmussen who looks “ok”, but is no means lighting the world on fire, and Lindstrom, I don’t see any possibility of any of them developing into anything more than a fringe NHLer. Setkov may get a cup of coffee, and Petruzelli could be an AHL goalie who gets time when there is injuries, but even those two projections are optimistic Most wont even sniff the A or a higher tier European league

Thank god we came back and went a different direction with the 2018 draft.

Look at what guys like Barratt have done since this draft. No clue why we weren’t going for players like that because they were out there. For a rebuilding team this was a very questionable draft in execution. Hell, I might even like our 7th rounder from 2018 better than anyone we took rounds 2-7 in 2017.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
2017 was told as weak draft overall. We'll see that on becoming years, but i don't expect anyone getting lower-round gems from there.

Getting 2 players pan out per draft, is an OK result. From better overall draft you should get more. Rasmussen and Lindström are looking good.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
2017 was told as weak draft overall. We'll see that on becoming years, but i don't expect anyone getting lower-round gems from there.

Getting 2 players pan out per draft, is an OK result. From better overall draft you should get more. Rasmussen and Lindström are looking good.
Time will tell how the draft looks in 3-4 years, but in general I think with 11 picks and 6 in the top-100 expectations should be higher than an average 7 pick draft.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

I hope for Gallant to be solid 4th liner

UVALacrosse

Jul 7, 2008
South Africa
Is getting downgraded to the BCHL, it seems his professional career is over, he can't even perform as an overager in the WHL.

Never understood this pick..
He has a back injury - it's why he didn't play in the summer. Not that he can't perform because of talent or drive, it's injuries.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
We could have gotten Samurokov, just like we could have gotten Subban, Kucherov, Konecny, literally any steal we didn't pick. That's the draft. No point in whining about it.

Reactions: AttilaTheFun

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Not really hard to understand. Tons of picks and much more the majority never make the NHL or play more than a small handful of games, when drafted in the 3rd round and later. Every team has a big lists of guys they missed on, and we are no better or worse than any other team. That is why HF's obsession with all draft picks is ridiculous, as 3rd round and below are massively overrated in worth on here. Which is why most teams have no issue trading them away, as they are basically throw ins.

Reactions: AttilaTheFun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad