Prospect Info: 79th Lane Zablocki

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
You can never go wrong with drafting a couple highly skilled, greasy, ratfink ********. Between Lil' Bert and this guy, we should be able to take players off their game and erode the effectiveness of opposing teams. I'm also keen on Cole Fraser; if the comparison between him and Radko Gudas is accurate, you can add him to the agitator pile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Given who was available (Samorukov, Lodnia, Barratt, Farrance), I think this was my least favorite pick we made.

Reactions: Killerjas

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Is getting downgraded to the BCHL, it seems his professional career is over, he can't even perform as an overager in the WHL.

Never understood this pick..

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
The entitety of our 2017 draft was weird. I get we were going for size and sand paper, but tons of our draft picks were players whose max ceilings would barely be NHL players. Outside of Rasmussen who looks “ok”, but is no means lighting the world on fire, and Lindstrom, I don’t see any possibility of any of them developing into anything more than a fringe NHLer. Setkov may get a cup of coffee, and Petruzelli could be an AHL goalie who gets time when there is injuries, but even those two projections are optimistic Most wont even sniff the A or a higher tier European league

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
The entitety of our 2017 draft was weird. I get we were going for size and sand paper, but tons of our draft picks were players whose max ceilings would barely be NHL players. Outside of Rasmussen who looks “ok”, but is no means lighting the world on fire, and Lindstrom, I don’t see any possibility of any of them developing into anything more than a fringe NHLer. Setkov may get a cup of coffee, and Petruzelli could be an AHL goalie who gets time when there is injuries, but even those two projections are optimistic Most wont even sniff the A or a higher tier European league

2017 draft year was bad. They rolled a dice on physical players and Gilmour in hopes of getting lucky. It seems like it mostly didn’t work.

Jon Cusack

Oct 28, 2011

Yes, looking like a bad draft with the amount of picks we had that year. I remember them talking about 'character' with many of their picks rather than skill which was disappointing at the time and seems to be playing out poorly.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Who cares about their character if they can't even crack the team? Abysmal draft, honestly. With that many picks the potential payout is really low. Compare the 2018 draft with the 2017 draft, they are miles apart. Its character and toughness vs. skill. 2018 draft looks tasty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad