Post-Game Talk: #75 | Blackhawks at Flyers | March 30, 2024 | Loss 5-1

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I think Torts’ default is to think that all other young people and players are just all mental midgets or “dumb” as he’s said. He thinks they all need additional fake adversity and also appease his kink of bullying younger players until he gets a rise. I would not even be surprised if he has only kept Rocky around to be his faithful Lieutenant during all his perversions, and also see Rocky’s clear iq of 30 as another hurdle they need to overcome to make them into men.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
So not doing anything but having a meeting before Monday nights game. Might not even watch tape. Holy shit the Isles are going to steamroll them.

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Rocky is the worst coach in the nhl
Frost can f*** off with his missing open nets
Another game where we have the worst goalie
Laughton is the worst 1C in the NHL
Shit truck may be more useful than Farabee

This collapse is incredible

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Rocky is the worst coach in the nhl
Frost can f*** off with his missing open nets
Another game where we have the worst goalie
Laughton is the worst 1C in the NHL
Shit truck may be more useful than Farabee

This collapse is incredible

I didn't watch, they put Laughton as the 1C? THE ONE f***ING C!?

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
I was there. Unfortunately, we've just hit the wall. I was settling in for another bad season with a top 10 pick. These players try so hard every night, and it looked like we would overcome our lack of talent by willing our way into the playoffs. Just out of gas short of the finish line. Ersson especially is out of gas. We turn back into our real selves at the worst possible time. If we finish this season picking 14th, 15th or 16th with no playoffs, it's a waste and an absolute failure. Balls to the wall every night with no talent to back it up leads to this.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Not really in the physically tired camp. These guys are in there 20's, early 30's, should not be an issue. Tired of Torts BS more likely. Poor coaching all around more likely. Shitty power play more likely. Suspect tending more likely...

They may be in their 20s and 30s, but they lack talent and have to play balls to the wall every night to compete. Hard to do that for 82 games and not have it catch up to you.

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
They may be in their 20s and 30s, but they lack talent and have to play balls to the wall every night to compete. Hard to do that for 82 games and not have it catch up to you.
All while enduring psychological torture from a moron.

raydavies29

Nov 23, 2018
Flyers lost to one of the worst statistical goalies in the league in backup goalie Arvid Soderblom.

Soderblom had a .875 save percentage before tonight’s game.
errson not that far behind at .892 only 8 goalies worse . He is a rookie but torts pumps his tires way too hard... and now both swedes will lose to the russians soon enough

Reactions: renberg

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They’ve been treading water for majority of the second half of the season now. They’re really only in the position they’re currently in because they built up a nice cushion in the early months of the season.

Errsson is playing at a rate since Hart went away that would have him on pace to play the most games in recent history if it was over the course of a full season.

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
Just my opinion. On the ice for 15-20 minutes a game for 82 games, so about 27 hours on ice(since it is this high intensity "on ice" time that is wearing them out apparently) over 180 days..all give or take...works out to about a hour every 6 days. This is too much???! No way. I don't buy it, I know people who do a hour of hard cardio for a hour every second day in there 40's and seem to keep at it... This team lacks talent and coaching...they just aren't a great hockey team. I want them to make it at this point, hope they can, going to this "out of gas" crap plays right into Torts narrative too, takes attention away from the absolutely abysmal job he has done in many aspects. I think its just plain dumb puck luck that they are even in this position in the first place. This record is in spite of him, not because of him.

Ersson has just been overworked. An imperial ton of work since The Degenerate caught charges
The goalie is the only one I believe could possibly be worn out...asked a lot of him physically and mentally. Some say the rest of the team too...I don't think so.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Ersson was asked to do much more than he was capable of. When shitty human #79 left Ersson was thrust into a role he wasn’t ready for both physically and mentally. Management did not insulate him with another goalie who could lessen his load. Thinking Peterson and Sandstrom could do that ended up blowing up in their faces.

Reactions: renberg

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
Flyers lost to one of the worst statistical goalies in the league in backup goalie Arvid Soderblom.

Soderblom had a .875 save percentage before tonight’s game.
You stole my thunder. Soderblom's career stats are nearly 90s expansion goalie bad. If the Hawks weren't still trying to tank he'd be back in the Sweden 1st Division.

GP: 46
Record: 7-32-3
GAA: 3.79
Sv%: .883
SO: 0

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
You stole my thunder. Soderblom's career stats are nearly 90s expansion goalie bad. If the Hawks weren't still trying to tank he'd be back in the Sweden 1st Division.

Felix Sandstorm is 4-18-4 with a gaa 3.66 and .880 sv% in his career

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

Well, the Flyers found a way of making him look like a Vezina candidate yesterday.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Well, the Flyers found a way of making him look like a Vezina candidate yesterday.
Soderblom still has another year on his contract after this season, Chicago keeping Arvid for the continuation of the tank.

Sandstorm is a pending UFA, he may very well end up back in the SHL or even Allsvenskan.

While that game was a dud and a half last night I did score a JVR game used stick from MeiGray on the way out for $75 🤘
JVR was scratched last night and I can’t find a reason why. He might have been healthy scratched.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Just my opinion. On the ice for 15-20 minutes a game for 82 games, so about 27 hours on ice(since it is this high intensity "on ice" time that is wearing them out apparently) over 180 days..all give or take...works out to about a hour every 6 days. This is too much???! No way. I don't buy it, I know people who do a hour of hard cardio for a hour every second day in there 40's and seem to keep at it... This team lacks talent and coaching...they just aren't a great hockey team. I want them to make it at this point, hope they can, going to this "out of gas" crap plays right into Torts narrative too, takes attention away from the absolutely abysmal job he has done in many aspects. I think its just plain dumb puck luck that they are even in this position in the first place. This record is in spite of him, not because of him.

The goalie is the only one I believe could possibly be worn out...asked a lot of him physically and mentally. Some say the rest of the team too...I don't think so.
Doing hard cardio in your 40s is not the same as playing pro sports lol

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
Doing hard cardio in your 40s is not the same as playing pro sports lol
Fair enough...my point is I don't see how how they are so "worn out". Are other teams saying this? Seriously have not heard that, admittedly limited exposure. Its a cop out. Also, why isn't it the same? Hockey more physical, but every team deals with it. But its worse for the Flyers? Come on. But you can drink the Torts Kool Aid. I suspect if they don't make it Torts will be HAMMERING this excuse home to take away attention from his performance. How much did his overtime choices, line up choices, power play coach(not him, but ultimately he is the head coach, lets it happen) cost them in points? Its not zero. 4? 6? 10??!! Its on him.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t doubt they tired/worn down or whatever but so is everybody else in the league at this point in the year.

I do think losing Hart & Walker has been big as the sample without those two has grown. They’ve also had some injuries pile up after having a relatively clean bill of health for most of the year. Konecny & Couturier are playing but I think both might be still playing with a lingering injury/injuries at this point.

Everybody shows a drop off from the first half to the second half likely because of fatigue but obviously some teams or players just have so much talent the drop off is still pretty good compared to the rest of the league. That just isn’t the Flyers.

Where I buy the fatigue factor more in individual cases is probably with Ersson & the top defense pair because they practically have nothing behind them & still are getting a lot ice time/starts even late in the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad