GDT: #73| Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Islanders | March 20th | 7:00 PM | F/W 4-1

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Watching this on a delay and just fast forwarding until Barzal is on the ice, and I am hoping JT is not going to get any points, now that it is garbage time he is racking on his points to ensure his big pay day for a team that is not likely us.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Watching this on a delay and just fast forwarding until Barzal is on the ice, and I am hoping JT is not going to get any points, now that it is garbage time he is racking on his points to ensure his big pay day for a team that is not likely us.

That's an amazing level of pettiness. He gave us 9 years and you don't want him to get any points? Oh wow.

I really hope Tavares gets at least two points today.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Tavares can not produce another point this season or can produce a ton more this season and he'll get paid the same no matter what. He's a known entity, how he does over the next 10 games or so will not impact his next contract.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Tavares will be the highest paid player in the league on July 1st, even if he gets shut out the rest of the season.

And you have the nerve to knock people on this board for “rooting for the team to lose” in order to trigger the changes in the hockey ops department that are so desperately needed. :help:

Reactions: Instant

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Tavares will be the highest paid player in the league on July 1st, even if he gets shut out the rest of the season.

And you have the nerve to knock people on this board for “rooting for the team to lose” in order to trigger the changes in the hockey ops department that are so desperately needed. :help:

So some people are rooting for them to lose and they are knocking me and my stance? And OK I will change my stance, I will be ok if Tavares is putting up points if it is going to give us a W, but I do NOT want to see him putting up real garbage points if the Isles are up or down by like 3 goals and it is late in the game, like an empty net goal if there are 20 seconds left and the Isles are up by 2

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Andrew Ladd on the pre game
" it's about being professional and working and showing up and showing what you can do individually . We still have a lot of pride in this room.and grind it out to the bitter end . "

Who the F is he trying to fool ?

LGI SMG WMG

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010

NOT A REAL FAN!!! :sarcasm:

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
So some people are rooting for them to lose and they are knocking me and my stance? And OK I will change my stance, I will be ok if Tavares is putting up points if it is going to give us a W, but I do NOT want to see him putting up real garbage points if the Isles are up or down by like 3 goals and it is late in the game, like an empty net goal if there are 20 seconds left and the Isles are up by 2

Let's hope the Islanders keep winning so MAYBE, just MAYBE, the team can finish strong, come up 2 points shy of making the playoffs, and Snow and Weight can stay because, after all, the team missed the dance ONLY due to injuries.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Let's hope the Islanders keep winning so MAYBE, just MAYBE, the team can finish strong, come up 2 points shy of making the playoffs, and Snow and Weight can stay because, after all, the team missed the dance ONLY due to injuries.
Keep winning?

I must have missed when they were winning.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Is there even 1 good reason Seidenberg is playing ? 11 games left we are out of it. Bring up the kids .

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
When most teams are eliminated they play their prospects. When the Islanders get eliminated they play Dennis Seidenberg.
Don’t question the Garf Weight brilliance here. It’s such a dumb move, that it’s brilliant in its stupidity. They’re waaaay smarter than us. Trust them.

ALEXIVICH CHULKATURI

Dec 5, 2010
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
Meanwhile here in the low country the sky is orange and my votive candles are shaking from the thunder.....

Is that an omen that Gibson is going to come up big, we can't even tank well, PLAY HALAK!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad