Post-Game Talk: #72 | Panthers at Flyers | March 24, 2024 | Flyers lose 4-1

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
I'm not even defending Briere here. I'm just supporting the team because they've earned it to be in the playoffs this year. They won't be favorites when they get there, but who doesn't like a good underdog story?
This is a season they can build on and a season to actually enjoy as a fan. I'll start caring about "long term" or "big picture" again in the off-season.
Great. They've earned the playoffs this year. Just like those Hakstol teams earned the playoffs every other year. Fantastic. When are they raising the "Earned the Playoffs" banner do you think?

At this point what do I want the Flyers to do this season? Make the playoffs because they might as well.

The Flyers are attempting straddle the line to live in both the rebuild world and the competing world. It’s a line that they’ve straddled for the past decade.

It’s the worst place you can possibly be if your goal is to win a Cup but, hey, that’s Flyers hockey.
It's clear this team's goal (and apparantly the goal of some people who watch this team) is to just make the playoffs. They only want to rebuild to be a wildcard team and nothing more.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
At this point what do I want the Flyers to do this season? Make the playoffs because they might as well.

The Flyers are attempting straddle the line to live in both the rebuild world and the competing world. It’s a line that they’ve straddled for the past decade.

It’s the worst place you can possibly be if your goal is to win a Cup but, hey, that’s Flyers hockey.
This time it’s different because they’re getting the 32nd overall from Florida this year and the 32nd from the Avs in 2025. :DD

• Haha
Reactions: Flyerfan4life

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017

Is that kind of like relationship George and Friendship George. A world with two Georges.....

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad