Last edited:

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
On top of Sandstrom sucking, Ginning does as well. Sooooooo slow

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Couple softies against and bad puck luck/lack or finish offensively, but otherwise these guys seriously played another hell of a game against an all class team who's goalie won them a game. Props to Stolie though, he found his way in front of everything.

Likely that they have to play Ersson through the final back to back so hopefully he's ready for that.

Reactions: GrkFlyersFan

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Couple softies against and bad puck luck/lack or finish offensively, but otherwise these guys seriously played another hell of a game against an all class team who's goalie won them a game. Props to Stolie though, he found his way in front of everything.

Likely that they have to play Ersson through the final back to back so hopefully he's ready for that.
Torts 100% gunna run Ersson down to a nub to clutch at POs...

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
100% should go with Ersson every game, but Sandstrom plays the 6th probably,and maybe necessary, I guess. 1st and 3rd goals weren't great. The team looked pretty good otherwise, some lack of finish, Stolarz was solid. Forward lineup is not too bad, D...is what it is right now. Risto was/is a lot better this year I thought, and is so much better than Staal or Johnson.

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
Torts answered the first two questions normally, and praised the team's overall performance. Then Jordan Hall asks him about Sandstrom, just gives him a death stare and walks off. Sandstrom was bad, two of the goals were cheap, the other was stoppable. But even if he played competently, we only got one past Stolie. Is it true we couldn't even call Petersen back up(and send Sandstrom back down) because we're out of callups? I heard something to that effect. Ersson needs to start at least the next 4. Then we have a B2B, we'll see if Torts commits to splitting that, maybe it depends where we're at by then. Then Ersson until we hopefully clinch.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Having to play Sandstrom for another game or two may in fact cost them the playoffs. In other words, 4 games of Poehling as their 1C playing 35 minutes a game, and an early 1st round exit… so I’m here for it.

Yeah, big mistake by Briere...

Torts 100% gunna run Ersson down to a nub to clutch at POs...

He should put Cooter as backup...

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Stolarz is the perfect Backup goaltender. We could have him for cheap! I said it back then and i will say it forever! I will never understand they let him go!

This franchise is so bad on soooo many levels its difficult to believe! But everyday they remind us on another lvl!

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Stolarz is the perfect Backup goaltender. We could have him for cheap! I said it back then and i will say it forever! I will never understand they let him go!

This franchise is so bad on soooo many levels its difficult to believe! But everyday they remind us on another lvl!
He had knee issues, struggled with his catching glove, and didn't look anywhere close to a breakout candidate at that time. He is now with his 3rd org after the Flyers traded him - not exactly instant success after the Flyers gave up on him.

But yes, he'd be perfect now. Him or Alex Lyon.

Reactions: renberg

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
He had knee issues, struggled with his catching glove, and didn't look anywhere close to a breakout candidate at that time. He is now with his 3rd org after the Flyers traded him - not exactly instant success after the Flyers gave up on him.

But yes, he'd be perfect now. Him or Alex Lyon.
He was pretty solid in all his games for us. And injury concerns and flyers are the Standard! But all other players are kept but a solid goalie isnt resigned because of injury concerns. Sure. Bad process, like i mentioned before!

Ristolainen is always injured for example!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00