GDT: #70 | Flyers at Hurricanes | March 21, 2024 | 7:00 PM | NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
I still don’t like him as our coach, but Torts is objectively hilarious. He just doesn’t give a damn.

Maybe this is 3D chess to get Coots to give up and retire this offseason, I’m all for it.

Try it with Atkinson next.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
I am happy to give Tortorella credit for many things shown on the ice this season by the Flyers. And I am generally happy with the playing time the roster got this year...rookies stuck around, most with f/t play, Deslaurier finally went healthy scratch and frequently, Brink returned, Attard got used, Frost solidified, Atkinson even got his scratches and Staal got his deserved scratches too. Playing roster management, compared to previous seasons, has been pretty positive wrt future leaning needs. Youth has been served, vets have been sidelined.

But Couts healthy scratches +no reasonable explanations, whether it's from the player's perspective, or the fans', or haha the coach? Sigh. Too much. I won't say I pretend to understand, nor do I have to, to enjoy the games. But I sincerely hope Torts and Couts come to some understanding of each other's POV, for the better of both...

TBH...I am really hoping it is a play put on by both of them, to mostly get Couts rest, and continue to put focus on Torts, and let his players game-focus and do their best jobs. They have a very good chance to make the playoffs, which I suspect the entire organiztion would consider to be a huge win. $$$ and "culture".

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Thank goodness we have Torts behind the bench tonight or this could get ugly tonight. 11 players with double digit goals, including 5 already over 20.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Or Briere could trade the well known lazy malcontent Sean Couturier at 50% for a 7th this summer. What's another $3,875,000 in dead cap when you already have $10,438,095 tied up next season in Petersen, Johansen, Hayes and DeAngleo. :laugh:

I have been told for many years that these little things don't matter, while some scoff at the notion that they add up.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We could probably offer up a lightly used Brendan Lemieux to tussle with but other than that yeah we got nothing.

You mean to tell me that your team doesn't have an enforcer, and they don't melt into a collective puddle of fear-piss??!!!!

I've been told NHL players are terrified little cowards who need their enforcer babysitter to make them feel good, therefore we need Deslaurierses.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
1710989931827.png

"This is a real piece of shit. Just the linear and impressionistic mix makes a very muddled composition. It’s also a Winslow Homer rip-off. And the Flyers suck."

PvDitU.gif

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
I have been told for many years that these little things don't matter, while some scoff at the notion that they add up.
I have been told that dead cap is a big deal. Maybe the most clear primary indicator of management intent, and ability. So current BAD dead cap horizon is 2 more years, to get rid of Hayes.

Dead-capping Couts now might be the clearest indicator any of us have ever seen about the low IQ of Philly management. If it actually happened.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
“Torts has cleaned up bro hockey guys. He is turning it into a business like atmosphere. Building character.

Torts is seriously one one the most misunderstood guys in the league

He is perfect for this city”

Do you guys agree with Reddit?

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
“Torts has cleaned up bro hockey guys. He is turning it into a business like atmosphere. Building character.

Torts is seriously one one the most misunderstood guys in the league

He is perfect for this city”

Do you guys agree with Reddit?
Reddit is bad...like really bad with any team associated with Philly..like over the top bad the team can do no wrong bad...sure there are somw folks that go against the grain and get down voted to hell...but there is a huge hive mind there

Reactions: Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Part of being in a cult is having no memory. So the Flyers being bottom 5 over the almost two seasons Couturier was injured is already forgotten.

Reactions: bennysflyers16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia