Prospect Info: 6th Round - Tyrel Bauer

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
This has been a questionable draft for Winnipeg. I think might be our worst in recent memory, but time will tell and hope that I'm very wrong.
Well, we certainly didn't have many picks which hurts. I hope we are done giving away our picks now. Perfetti was an absolute steal but I honestly don't know anything about the other picks.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Well, we certainly didn't have many picks which hurts. I hope we are done giving away our picks now. Perfetti was an absolute steal but I honestly don't know anything about the other picks.

I think Perfetti is a very skilled player, but right now there are certainly flaws to his game and he's not NHL ready. Was voted most likely to bust, but in our case I hope he succeeds!

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I think Perfetti is a very skilled player, but right now there are certainly flaws to his game and he's not NHL ready. Was voted most likely to bust, but in our case I hope he succeeds!
Not to take away from Bauer’s thread but I didn’t lobby for Perfetti before the draft because I didn’t think he would fall to us. I originally wanted Sanderson or Rossi but as the draft happened and Perfetti and Rossi fell I got more and more excited. After Buffalo picked and I know we would get either Rossi or Perfetti I was ecstatic.

Reactions: Jetsetter

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
We hardly gave away our 3rd when we traded for Demelo who resigned.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
We hardly gave away our 3rd when we traded for Demelo who resigned.
DeMelo was a good trade. We gave up our fourth this year to help dump Mason. I believe next year's fourth we lost for Eakin. We gave up our 7th for Hendricks. We threw away a pick for Kiselivich. They're late round picks so they don't really mean anything though.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
DeMelo was a good trade. We gave up our fourth this year to help dump Mason. I believe next year's fourth we lost for Eakin. We gave up our 7th for Hendricks. We threw away a pick for Kiselivich. They're late round picks so they don't really mean anything though.
How has Mason cost us so much when dumping Marleau only cost 1 1st.

Calcutta

Oct 3, 2019
If the CHL is going to be an issue this year perhaps Perfetti would be better off going to Europe for a season, be real nice if he had someone watching his back.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

I think for reason's like this guy, and the impending lawsuits, fighting will get eventually get banned from the NHL or become an automatic game misconduct. Banned from the Q already this year, contact is banned in the O. Banned in college. W will be the last vestige. Us prairie boys like to scrap. Another solid one from Alberta. Lundmark probably joins the Moose next year on the right side. But Bauer could be a fun player to watch, hitting is still an important part of playing defense.

Haringoth

Aug 2, 2019
How has Mason cost us so much when dumping Marleau only cost 1 1st.

What? A fourth, a seventh and a depth forward are a whole lot less valued than a 1st. Carolina received 13OA, where as Montreal received 102, 195 and Armia. Best draft value calculator I could find in 5 minutes googling puts the value of draft assets as 163 vs. 481 (which I believe is in predicted NHL games, a rough approximation of talent). Armia has played 115 games in two years, and topped out at 30 points. He is a hell of a lot of fun, but he is never going to be an A asset in this league.

Reactions: jetsforever

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I think for reason's like this guy, and the impending lawsuits, fighting will get eventually get banned from the NHL or become an automatic game misconduct. Banned from the Q already this year, contact is banned in the O. Banned in college. W will be the last vestige. Us prairie boys like to scrap. Another solid one from Alberta. Lundmark probably joins the Moose next year on the right side. But Bauer could be a fun player to watch, hitting is still an important part of playing defense.

Contact is only banned in the O for this season because of the virus, not because of injuries or anything like that.

Reactions: Haringoth

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
What? A fourth, a seventh and a depth forward are a whole lot less valued than a 1st. Carolina received 13OA, where as Montreal received 102, 195 and Armia. Best draft value calculator I could find in 5 minutes googling puts the value of draft assets as 163 vs. 481 (which I believe is in predicted NHL games, a rough approximation of talent). Armia has played 115 games in two years, and topped out at 30 points. He is a hell of a lot of fun, but he is never going to be an A asset in this league.

Yeah I'd much rather have a mid 1st (think Morrissey or Connor potentially) than Joel Armia.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Takes no prisoners from the look of that fight. I felt sorry for the other guy. :laugh:
We can see that he won't score beans. He will need to be pretty good defensively.
I thought that when the mouth guard went flying out that Bauer would of let up but he put into overdrive, ya he wont score but if he can become a shut down D man who would clears the front of the net and plays a physical game he will fit in

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I thought that when the mouth guard went flying out that Bauer would of let up but he put into overdrive, ya he wont score but if he can become a shut down D man who would clears the front of the net and plays a physical game he will fit in

Yes - but he will need to be VERY good defensively with that kind of scoring in D+2.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

Clears the front of the net...

Plays a physical game...

daydreaming-swoon.gif

vicjetsfan

Apr 23, 2022
New to this site and love keeping up with Jets news, especially prospects now that our regular season is toast. Had anyone else seen the video tribute to Tyrel Bauer, Jets 6th round draft pick in 2020 and current captain of the Seattle Thunderbirds. Very inspiring story of his comeback from a major MCL knee injury. We need more character guys like him in our organization for sure. Maybe someone else out there can post the direct link to the video tribute. It’s entitled I’m Back!

None

Feb 22, 2012
New to this site and love keeping up with Jets news, especially prospects now that our regular season is toast. Had anyone else seen the video tribute to Tyrel Bauer, Jets 6th round draft pick in 2020 and current captain of the Seattle Thunderbirds. Very inspiring story of his comeback from a major MCL knee injury. We need more character guys like him in our organization for sure. Maybe someone else out there can post the direct link to the video tribute. It’s entitled I’m Back!

Haven't watched it yet but there it is for anyone else looking for it.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

That's a great vid!

Welcome to HFJets! :cool:

Jetland162702

Pup-peroni Junkie
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2