205 lbs / 93 kg
Nation
Canada
Shoots
R
Youth Team
Cochrane MHA

Rankings
Ranked #166 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters)

A big younger rearguard on the Seattle club who shows a strong compete level and an NHL body. Can be strong and physical and can stand toe to toe with most combatants if he has to drop’em. A selfless shot blocker and a hard body checker who both adds and leaves a bruise or two in his quest to win for 60 minutes. Has seen power play time and has a good shot and even better accurate passing skills when out there on the man advantage. Has willingness to carry pucks through the neutral zone even lead zone entires. Needs to work on his short area burst and defensive zone diagnosis and quickness, but looks like an intriguing long term project.

Collection of his fights:
Tyrel Bauer

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Tagged him as a kid to keep an eye on after his rookie WHL season. After a couple short viewings I ended up not really following up. Nothing about his game really stands out. He can do a little bit of everything just none of it is at a very high level.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Tagged him as a kid to keep an eye on after his rookie WHL season. After a couple short viewings I ended up not really following up. Nothing about his game really stands out. He can do a little bit of everything just none of it is at a very high level.

None of this sounds optimistic. But alas, it’s a 6th rounder so it’s a long shot anyways and maybe it still works out.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
He was really good as a 16 year old and he kind of went flat this past year. I thought he might have some 2nd/3rd round upside before the start of the season. Maybe he needs a trade out of there

Tyrel Bauer is an interesting bet for Winnipeg. Big, bruising D. Doesn’t skate that poorly. Some fairly high end flashes of puck moving and DZ distribution, but SEA has beat that element right out of him. Bad development situation. Needs to get in a different environment ASAP.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
None of this sounds optimistic. But alas, it’s a 6th rounder so it’s a long shot anyways and maybe it still works out.

Yeah I mean upside is he develops into a Ben Chiarot. Downside is he never steps foot on the NHL ice. Not who I would have taken here but it's a pick I suppose. His last name is Bauer so that's kind of cool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad