Prospect Info: 6th Overall Pick Moritz Seider, Defence, DEL

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Haven’t bought a jersey with a number on it since #13 retired. Waiting for him to make the team next season so I can finally buy another one!

I usually don't buy jerseys until they get their big contract because stuff happens. I remember I was on the verge of buying a Filppula jersey and then he got his big contract with Tampa, haha.

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
I cannot wait to see this guy in the NHL. I really do believe we have our 1D with him. I don't understand the knocks on his offense as much, he's no Cale Makar, Hughes, Calrson, Karlson etc. as far as being and offensive defenseman but I think his low for an 82 game season will be like 30-35 pts if he sees powerplay time. His patience and smarts in the d-zone will help our team immensely with breakout passing and his 0-zone decision making has been excellent from what I've seen.

He'll develop his shot, and to be fair the big CLAPPER isn't as important in today's NHL. You're seeing more and more defenseman just snapping wrist/snapshots on net through traffic and threading it through. I think he will be an excellent physical two way d that won't be putting up 70 pts a year but I could see him peaking in the Seth Jones range of production while being a force defensively. If Seth Jones isn't a 1d I don't know who is.

For the record I'm not comparing him stylistically to Seth Jones, just production possibility.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Haven’t bought a jersey with a number on it since #13 retired. Waiting for him to make the team next season so I can finally buy another one!

I was thinking the same thing... Prospects are so hard to predict but if I had to gamble about who is on the Red Wings 10 years from now? Larkin is #2, Mo is #1.

Reactions: 13to40

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I cannot wait to see this guy in the NHL. I really do believe we have our 1D with him. I don't understand the knocks on his offense as much, he's no Cale Makar, Hughes, Calrson, Karlson etc. as far as being and offensive defenseman but I think his low for an 82 game season will be like 30-35 pts if he sees powerplay time. His patience and smarts in the d-zone will help our team immensely with breakout passing and his 0-zone decision making has been excellent from what I've seen.

He'll develop his shot, and to be fair the big CLAPPER isn't as important in today's NHL. You're seeing more and more defenseman just snapping wrist/snapshots on net through traffic and threading it through. I think he will be an excellent physical two way d that won't be putting up 70 pts a year but I could see him peaking in the Seth Jones range of production while being a force defensively. If Seth Jones isn't a 1d I don't know who is.

For the record I'm not comparing him stylistically to Seth Jones, just production possibility.

Yeah, I would rather have a 2 way D stud over a all offense guy 110%. He will be great to have on our d-line. Plus you really only need one offensive guy in your top 4 for pp time. But I would contend Lidstrom was a 2 way d even though he could put up points.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010

That's interesting I wonder if Yzerman missing on Seth Jones influenced his draft pick in Seider to some degree. Yzerman also turned Drouin into Sergachev a pretty respectable D.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
That's interesting I wonder if Yzerman missing on Seth Jones influenced his draft pick in Seider to some degree. Yzerman also turned Drouin into Sergachev a pretty respectable D.

Missed Seth Jones yeah, but failed with Koekkoek.

He has learned his lesson and now it looks superior.

Just trust Europeans, and with small weight, to Americans. They train and develop with men and don't waste any time at junior league, because of rules.

That's the key to success.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
What is HF's reason for locking threads at 1000?
Some technical challenge?
Pretty sure it's a storage/archive and indexing issue for how it operates. The bigger the database and the longer the database entries, the greater chance of having file corruption occur. Also makes it easier for backing up data, as needed. It's also probably using a standardized database software with some client-based UI changes, so it could also be a limitation of the software. But most likely it's just to protect from data corruption and have a more easily searchable index.

Reactions: Winger98 and MBH

Huusko

Dec 23, 2020
Now Seider has 19 Pts in 27 games with +15 and according to the points he is the best U 20 player in the SHL.

Reactions: 14ari13

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I bought a Filppula jersey when he signed his 5 year deal here. At least it works again for me haha.
Does it? LOL, last thing I want to do is wear a player's jersey when they're sucking pieces of cock.

TBH, none of my NHL jerseys have numbers. The only jerseys and unis I have with numbers and a name are my own from teams I was on.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
TBH, none of my NHL jerseys have numbers.

I very much do this as well due to irrational fears like the "big contract" situation as outlined above. Or, what if they do get the big contract and then suck at hockey? Or if I wanted to get a Larkin jersey I would have put it off because "He's going to be captain one day and I'd rather wait until I can buy it with the C." Also, jerseys are expensive and the Red Wings jersey is one of the few that doesn't use a nameplate and it's hard to find jerseys that don't use a nameplate and don't cost me my grocery budget.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
I also have a Filppula jersey.

I can see him being worth a jersey to some. Just not to me. He did have some really good seasons with the Wings. Now it looks like he's just going to be another case of the game being taken away from someone.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Well... I mean... I got mine 10 years ago. Worthy back then haha.

Oh yeah. I remember that time. Not exactly ten years ago but the Filppula-Zetterberg-Hudler line was quite effective during the regular season:

upload_2021-1-25_17-16-47.png

Reactions: Filppula

Air Budd Dwyer

Feb 11, 2012
Detroit
The last jersey I bought was 2001 and it was a #17 Brett Hull jersey, red. It went great with my white #91 Sergei Fedorov jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad