Prospect Info: 6th Overall Pick Moritz Seider, Defence, DEL

1878rgw

Jun 29, 2017
Yesterday the DEL announced the 13th November for the start of the new season, if everything goes right.

We should have made them take Rasmussen with Seider. I want him playing.

I'm sure they would do it, but if he should be able to leave the team at any time during the season, one of the limited license for a foreign player is wasted.
In the DEL you are allowed to have 11 players from foreign countries under contract, but only 9 are allowed to play in a game.

Awesome news. Does Mannheim stream their games?

Every DEL game will be streamed by MagentaSport(€120,00), but you need an adress in Germany which must be proved by your ID card.

Reactions: SirloinUB

1878rgw

Jun 29, 2017
I know and teams like Munich are already in full practice on the ice, but at the moment it's only a schedule. How will the Swedes take part of CHL if there is still a travel warning?

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
I'd honestly like to see more of our prospects go over there. Mannheim has a good development group of former NHLers like Marco Sturm and veterans like Marcel Goc. It gets our top prospects playing pro hockey and puts them in a good program where we can monitor their development more easily than if they were spread out across several euro leagues.

Sturm never played for Mannheim. Hecht and Seidenberg played for Mannheim.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

If the NHL starts on time on 12/1, does it even make since to send him over for ~2 weeks?

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009

If the NHL starts on time on 12/1, does it even make since to send him over for ~2 weeks?

Implies to me that it was a 75% chance he goes to GR and 25% chance he plays for the Wings.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Unless the AHL isn't happening, I don't see much reason for Seider to go to the DEL - other than to get some reps.
Wait...so if the AHL is happening, then it's more the reason to go to the DEL? This kid needs to play and get as many reps in as possible.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Right, I was under the assumption their season was starting when it normal does.
Now that it's Nov. 1 or whatever - when do our camps open? Dec 1?

I think the NHL is hoping to start december 1st, not sure if thats camp or the season though. But it makes sense to get him over there playing and training. With how messed up the States are, it probably hard for him to train and hes better off to just get over there, self isolate and then have more freedom to get to work and less worry about covid.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

This is about finding a place for him to train, skate and get some decent reps. Not necessarily game reps.

I don't really anticipate him playing a bunch of games over there, he would actually be due for camp when they start playing games.

If we don't get the virus under control he has a place to play as the season gets delayed.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Isn't Seider already there and will be for 4 months, not just for 2 weeks ?

Ya, I’m pretty sure he’s been working out and skating at the Mannheim facility since he’s been back in Germany. Believe there’s an interview with Bob Kaser out there that states this.

Edit: found it.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Key Seider dates:

- April 1st
Last games of SEL regular season. Somehow there's 3 off-weeks before these, maybe for possible corona delays. If they use these off-weeks for games, regular season could end at least 2 weeks earlier.

- April 12th
NHL trade deadline. Red Wings have 12 games left after this day.

- April 24th
Red Wings have 7 games left after this day. If they want to burn a year from Seider's ELC, this is the final chance to join the team. 7 games is the ELC burning limit on this shortened season (instead of normal 10).

- May 8th
NHL regular season will end.

- May 21st
2021 World Hockey Championships are supposed to start. Seider should join Germany for sure.

It seems to be totally open will he join Red Wings at current season or not.

Swedish playoffs should last 6 weeks (2 weeks per round). So on worst case, regular season ending late and Seider playing at final series, he won't be released until mid of May.

But, if those playoff will start like, 2 weeks earlier and Seider won't play at final series, he could come to NHL at some point of mid-April.

It can be anything on one month scale.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I pretty much figured that unless his team lost in the first round, that we weren't going to have him at all, this season. Which is fine by me, as long as he is playing meaningful hockey games and gets playoff experience.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Thanks for spelling it out, awaiting his arrival to Detroit was going to be a highlight to the season. Seeming now as if we won't see him at all. Hope he brings Rogle the championship.

Would love seeing him at the Worlds. Die Mannschaft all the way baby!

Oops, meant to quote Henkka from above.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I particularly like the one behind the opponent's net. He was basically stopped with no momentum, but still knocked the guy off his feet like it was nothing.

The kid has more strength (and awareness of how to use it effectively) than any prospect I've seen in a long time.
He leverages extremely well for a kid his height. Note how he gets low against shorter players and does the NHL approved should to shoulder/chest hit every time. He will definitely make games more exciting to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad