Prospect Info: 6th IceHogs, Fuel, & NCAA/Junior/Int'l Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Carruth now 15-13-6 with the Fuel.

Unfortunately looking like his future isn't with this organization. It's a shame, I was always really high on him as a prospect.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Hartman is such a beauty. 1g 2A tonight and got kicked out of the game for fighting. He's going to be the fan's favorite as soon as next year.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Hogs win 7-2. Hartman 1G2A 25 PIM lol.

Broadhurst 2G3A. Those 2 guys are on fire. They clinch a playoff. Great season.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
It was a really fun game to be at.
Johns was most noticeable to me. Played really well and was directing guys all over the ice.
Pokka had a nice shot block, and a nice stick on another play to break up a break away chance.

Hino wasn't bad, but I don't see him making the big club next year. Needs more time.
Hartman is bae.

That is my assessment from yesterday

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I'm too old to explain that one..... :laugh:

But thanks for the prospect report, Dags! :handclap:

1426793256070.png

:sarcasm:

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
For people who watch the Rockford kids: Are any of the forwards good enough next year to play with Toews and Hossa? And are any of the defensemen good enough to play with Hammer?

Also, for offensive ability: Danault>Kruger? and Hartman>Shaw?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
For people who watch the Rockford kids: Are any of the forwards good enough next year to play with Toews and Hossa? And are any of the defensemen good enough to play with Hammer?

No, yes, yes, yes.

All forwards in Rockford are bottom 6 except perhaps Hartman. He could be the muscle/finisher on a top line with Kane someday. Pokka and Johns are good enough to be #4 right now, IMO. Wouldn't be pretty for a month or so but they'd work it out.

Too early to know on Paliotta/TVR.

Danault is clearly better than Kruger offensively but still would rather have Kruger. It's hard to know how good these forwards are defensively just from watching in RFD. Hartman will make us forget about Shaw within a month or 2. Rich man's Shaw. 40-60 points once he's settled in with 120 PIM and hated like Marchand around the league. He's gonna do some truly stupid stuff that's indefensible but take the bad with the good.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
No, yes, yes, yes.

All forwards in Rockford are bottom 6 except perhaps Hartman. He could be the muscle/finisher on a top line with Kane someday. Pokka and Johns are good enough to be #4 right now, IMO. Wouldn't be pretty for a month or so but they'd work it out.

Too early to know on Paliotta/TVR.

Danault is clearly better than Kruger offensively but still would rather have Kruger. It's hard to know how good these forwards are defensively just from watching in RFD. Hartman will make us forget about Shaw within a month or 2. Rich man's Shaw. 40-60 points once he's settled in with 120 PIM and hated like Marchand around the league. He's gonna do some truly stupid stuff that's indefensible but take the bad with the good.

Thanks. If they trade Shaw and replace him with Hartman, hopefully that would allow them to take a little salary back in a Sharp or Bickell trade to get someone to play in the top 6. As an RFA I'd be shocked if Kruger leaves, but would be great if Danault could produce third line offense with his solid defense play anchoring a third line.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002

I would go no, no, maybe, yes. I would be comfortable with a bottom pair of Johns-Pokka, but #4 is a lofty expectation. It's hard to understate what a big jump it is from the AHL to the NHL, especially for a defenseman.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Johns and Hartman should be on the Hawks next year. The game I went to, Pokka didn't really stand out, but he did make some good plays

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Johns and Hartman should be on the Hawks next year. The game I went to, Pokka didn't really stand out, but he did make some good plays

Pokka never stands out to me. But I think that's a positive for a defenseman. He's bigger than listed, gets his shot through and plays solid D. Not a lot of complexity to his game.

I say Johns r Pokla can play 4D partially because I think it is awfully easy to play with Hjalmarsson.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
The downside to Pokka next year is his cap hit.

Isn't that problem mostly bonus exposure, though? 925k is in line with what you can expect to pay anyone in that position. I know the Hawks won't enjoy an overage penalty in 2016, but you still have to ice a team.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
its $925K for Pokka correct? TVR is $925 Johns is $800K, I thought I read that Baun signed for less then $925, not sure about Palliotta.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
its $925K for Pokka correct? TVR is $925 Johns is $800K, I thought I read that Baun signed for less then $925, not sure about Palliotta.

Baun signed for 700k for exactly this reason. Low salary makes him more attractive than some other Hawks prospects. So if he right there with Hartman or McNeill, his salary is more attractive.

This is Ross's biggest advantage. He makes just over 600k next year and he's the leading scorer in RFD. I think we are all sleeping in his chances of being on the team next year.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
Baun signed for avg of $858,750 not including his games played bonuses which kick in after 5 games and 82 games which would tack on another $132k.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Baun signed for avg of $858,750 not including his games played bonuses which kick in after 5 games and 82 games which would tack on another $132k.

Friedman:
Baun, who could have signed for $832,500, went for $700,000, knowing every dollar matters. (Scott Darling did something similar with his extension, taking less than Antti Raanta.) There’s going to be some interesting turnover here.

Thought #17

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-ovechkin-hating-2010/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad