WJC: 6th Annual C4G WJC Pool: Updates Ongoing

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I'm not in a rush to make a pick right now? All good if I wait a bit to see how camps shake out? I know I run the risk of other peoples picks being cut and therefore getting to pick before me.

The floor is yours for the next 12 hours. After that your clock is up and anyone else can replace guys as they come. And you can come replace your guy when you see fit. Basically like the normal skipping of picks, except there are no guaranteed picks behind yours yet.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So I guess that's that for the main draft then. We got through that really quick. Remind me to start a bit later next year. Outside of mine(which I should like since I picked it) I like Statsy's, Landymack's, 93Leafs, Glory's and Zemgus'. Will be interesting to see how it turns out, as you have to think that production is going to differ from expectations a little more than usual this year.

Now just have to wait for Jost not going to be 100% official, and I can replace him. Have 4/5 guys left to decide between, so we'll see how the camps go for now before I decide

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The floor is yours for the next 12 hours. After that your clock is up and anyone else can replace guys as they come. And you can come replace your guy when you see fit. Basically like the normal skipping of picks, except there are no guaranteed picks behind yours yet.
I'll even waive that 12 hours. If anyone wants to pick due to their guy being cut and they beat me to it, I'm fine with it. Although, I doubt that occurs in the next 11 hours.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I've thought about it, and even though he might get cut (making me have to pick again) I'll take Hugh McGing.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Dante Fabbro

Quoting Scrantoncity because Fabbro is the main potential example of this right now but this applies to anyone it could happen to.

When the rosters get submitted on Christmas day I'll check down through the rosters to see if any teams leaves any spots open because of injuries. For example with the Fabbro injury and it not looking good right now Canada may decide to submit a 21 man roster without Fabbro or Mahura on in, and add one of them afterwards, Fabbro if he's good to go or Mahura if he's not. Obviously once the tournament starts you're not allowed to replace anyone. So if anyone picked is not submitted onto their teams roster to the IIHF on Christmas because of injuries I will allow conditional picks(I believe I did this once before in the past) where you pick a replacement just in case. If your pick doesn't go you get the replacement and all his points that he got prior to the decision being certain. If your pick goes(and misses some games before this becomes official) then you get that player and the missed games is just unfortunate.

Conditional picks won't be allowed until the rosters are submitted to the IIHF without your player on it with a space open to potentially add them later.

Reactions: Scrantonicity 2

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Am I on the clock with McGing just cut? Or is anyone else ahead of me?

I think it's first come, first serve. Turkulainen was cut so I'll take Drake Batherson. If he was who you were thinking of you can take him though, since you asked/posted first.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
You can have him, good pick.

I'll take Riley Tufte.

I may have jumped the gun with the first come first serve statement, looking back into the rules it looks like it may be by draft position. I took Turkulainen 66th, maybe C4G will come in a bit and clarify for us. If it's decided you're up first please feel free to take whomever, Batherson included.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
First come first serve means whoever comes here first with a pick that needs replacing can pick first so you guys are fine. The picking in the order of selection only happens in the immediate replacement draft, once that's over and additional cuts come it's a free for all.

Reactions: Scrantonicity 2

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The official site doesn't have the official roster listings once submitted like they have in past year. I'm not sure what the time for the meeting today to submit official rosters and such is, but if it doesn't get put up officially on the official website like it has been then I won't be able to double check cuts and such, so everyone make sure their entire team is good.

The only potential conditional cut I can see as of now is Fabbro, so that can be made now whenever is good with scrantoncity I guess. And we'll have to wait to see what the official decision is.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
My decision on who I'm going to replace Jost with is also coming. I was hoping I could get some lines from a couple teams first before making that decision but those teams are trying to without this information for some reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad