Post-Game Talk (GBU): #69 - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly -- Get Well Soon PK!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Write-ups aside, all I have to say is I hope PK has a full, speedy recovery and that the stretcher was just a precaution.

Good -

- The Top Line had some solid, solid moments.
- Foligno defending his captain. Throwing bombs.
- Gionta with a solid game.
- Larsson with an expanded role, looked good at the dot.
- Des with a good tilt and a nice deflection.

Bad -

- Diet Cola. None of the flavor and left with a horrible aftertaste.
- 0-8 in games St. Pierre officiates.
- The no-call on Emelin early.
- Legwand got burned at the dot and also was late backchecking on the first GA.
- Another goal within seconds of scoring.
- McCabe with a forgettable game. He was lost out there almost every shift.

Ugly -

- Obviously Subban's injury. Hope he is okay and recovers quickly.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Takeaways from tonight are that Colaiacovo is on par with Meszaros in terms of poor play. Actually, watching Mes today in the KHL, Cola is probably worse.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Why? He is what he is, an AHL player. It's not his fault Bylsma seems to think he's more than that.

Haha. I suppose you're right. I guess im beyond being upset with Bylsma so now its spreading to the players hes over-using

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Benoit > Cola. Too far? Okay, but he blows.

Cal O'Reilly should not be on our PP / one of the 6 men pushing for a final goal. Period. He killed those plays multiple times tonight.

Eichel looked great despite no points. Kane was solid. As were Risto and Lehner for the most part.

Not really a bad game per se, but not a very good one either. Hopefully PK is OK.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
G:

Lots of jump, lots of chances, good overall energy.
Condon was good.
McCabe played better

B:

Cola
Can't convert on glorious opportunities

U:

Emelin

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Write-ups aside, all I have to say is I hope PK has a full, speedy recovery and that the stretcher was just a precaution.

Good -

- The Top Line had some solid, solid moments.
- Foligno defending his captain. Throwing bombs.
- Gionta with a solid game.
- Larsson with an expanded role, looked good at the dot.
- Des with a good tilt and a nice deflection.

Bad -

- Diet Cola. None of the flavor and left with a horrible aftertaste.
- 0-8 in games St. Pierre officiates.
- The no-call on Emelin early.
- Legwand got burned at the dot and also was late backchecking on the first GA.
- Another goal within seconds of scoring.
- McCabe with a forgettable game. He was lost out there almost every shift.

Ugly -

- Obviously Subban's injury. Hope he is okay and recovers quickly.

This.

Agree on McCabe, growing pains. But hey, will we be talking about getting McCabe an RHD partner for the 2nd pairing next season :razz:

BeTheBallDanny

Oct 30, 2013
G:

Team has spirit and compete despite ROR being down (not that he's the driving force but still nice to see)
Getting physical, standing up for one another.
Foligno
Kane
Eichel
Larry seems to be coming into his own a bit
Des & Gio

B:

Cola needs to go
Bogo, I think he will be better ad the defenseman around him get better
McCabe, Still happy with what im seeing....growing pains really, but he does give you the ol head scratcher from time to time
COR

U

Cola
Cola
Cola

Not sure where to put it but im really needing to see more from Girgensons... He was given lots of opportunities last year and produced. Sure, his role has been greatly reduced but he has loads of better talent around him now.... I cant remember a game this season where I thought he was our best player on the ice. Effort wise, points, or defensively

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
G:

Not sure where to put it but im really needing to see more from Girgensons... He was given lots of opportunities last year and produced. Sure, his role has been greatly reduced but he has loads of better talent around him now.... I cant remember a game this season where I thought he was our best player on the ice. Effort wise, points, or defensively

I think Larsson has taken his role. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the big piece to filling a hole in the offseason.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I think Larsson has taken his role. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the big piece to filling a hole in the offseason.

At this point I keep Larsson, move Girgensons.

With the pipeline looking stable with offensive forward prospects I see the Girgensons in the top 6 experience as expendable.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

At this point I keep Larsson, move Girgensons.

With the pipeline looking stable with offensive forward prospects I see the Girgensons in the top 6 experience as expendable.

Yes, because having defensively reliable power-style wingers in the top 6 are something they are swimming in. :shakehead

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There's no offense. None. Torrey Mitchell has more goals than him. He's a bottom 6 player.

Yes, those four goals Mitchell scored when the Habs 4th line was blowing up to start the season are just such a great comparable.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Yes, those four goals Mitchell scored when the Habs 4th line was blowing up to start the season are just such a great comparable.

You're talking about a guy who can't produce when playing with Eichel like he's an indispensable part of the top 6.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
You're talking about a guy who can't produce when playing with Eichel like he's an indispensable part of the top 6.

He did produce when he was playing with Eichel. Or did you miss those goals he scored?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad