TSN Radio: 680 CJOB and TNSE Sign Exclusive Deal For Radio Broadcast Rights

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Back in the days of Jets 1.0 I loaned to probably 90% of the games on CJOB as 1. Hardly any games were televised. And 2.as a kid in rural Manitoba it wasn’t easy to get to games.
So I like the nostalgia of listening to CJOB games but really I watch most games on TV... but not everyone has cable/satellite , and a lot of people work shift work and gave no choice but to listen to games on the radio.
I’m still a little miffed at CJOB as they were nothing but negative towards Winnipeg getting a NHL back during the run up of The return of the Jets...but I’m pretty much over that...

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yikes pretty negative thread here.

I don’t listen to the radio call but I think allot of people seem to.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Yikes pretty negative thread here.

I don’t listen to the radio call but I think allot of people seem to.
I only happen to catch the radio when I'm out driving around in the evenings - which is quite a lot when you've got 82+ nights of hockey and kids to shuttle to activities and it's not a global pandemic! ;)

Reactions: Buffdog

Critical Mass

Feb 6, 2011
Than Paul edmunds? Like who? :laugh:
Someone who doesn't make me think of Chris Farley every time I hear him calling a game.

I liked Munz a bit better, but Edmonds and Munz are 2 extreme ends of PXP histrionics. I'd prefer an announcer who's level of excitement falls somewhere between the extremes of WWF and PGA commentators.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zippity

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Nice! I was rooting for Edmonds, and Jamie Thomas is just a pro. We only know him from Jets online stuff, but he's worked in the industry for 20 years in other markets.

Not really a huge Munz fan, but always sad to see someone (apparently) lose their job. I hope he lands on his feet.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
It will be nostalgic to listen to Jets games on CJOB on the car radio again.

Well at least you will be able to tune in anywhere in Winnipeg or in a 100 KM or more radius of Winnipeg unlike with TSN 1290 where you can’t even pick up their crappy impotent weak signal in parts of Winnipeg!

Heard games will also be simulcast on Power 97!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
My kid played hockey with Paul’s kid one spring so I got to know Paul and his wife a bit and they are both really nice people.

I would be surprised if Munz is totally out? I wonder where is gets slotted?

Reactions: Samus

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
My kid played hockey with Paul’s kid one spring so I got to know Paul and his wife a bit and they are both really nice people.

I would be surprised if Munz is totally out? I wonder where is gets slotted?

sounds like OB’ has a full compliment for Jets coverage, think Munz will stay with the dying sports station known as TSN 1290 at least until they change the format.

Gonna be a tough go for 1290 getting advertising dollars as a sports station when you broadcast no local sports teams or maybe the Goldeyes will take them and there geriatric following, guess you could run Depends ads!

Last edited:
Reactions: ps241

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Any change in rural broadcasts?
Brandon’s 101.1 FM used to broadcast games..hoping they will continue. I don’t have tv at the lake (Pelican Lake) 101.1 FM used to come in crystal clear so I’m hoping they will continue...

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
sounds like OB’ has a full compliment for Jets coverage, think Munz will stay with the dying sports station known as TSN 1290 at least until they change the format.

Gonna be a tough go for 1290 getting advertising dollars as a sports station when you broadcast no local sports teams or maybe the Goldeyes will take them and there geriatric following, guess you could run Depends ads!
Are you calling me old!?!?! :ha:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3