#65 Vitali Abramov

major major

Feb 18, 2013
?
Bjorkstrand is not small and wasn't when they drafted him I don't think.

I went to the 4v4 today and he was noticeable - mainly because he kept banging his stick and asking for the puck...seemed like he was trying to do a little too much out there, but he had some good looks. His best moments came in the shootouts.

He'll be interesting to watch. If he can add size and get an ability to create space, he could be very fun to watch.

He is and he was. He is usually one of the smaller guys out there. Not even 180 lbs. And I don't buy his listed height at all. He looked 5'11 170 by the time the playoffs were over.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
3 for 3 today in shootout/penalty shots. All with 3 very different moves. It's clear he has the hands and the offensive creativity. The key is going to be whether he can play against the physical behemoth D in the NHL. He's got 2-4 years to try to figure that out.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
He is and he was. He is usually one of the smaller guys out there. Not even 180 lbs. And I don't buy his listed height at all. He looked 5'11 170 by the time the playoffs were over.

he's skinny, but I wouldn't call him small. I don't know what Abramov's height is listed as, but he's a good 4 inches shorter than Bjorkstrand. Maybe it's just his skating style, but he looked tiny - Zaar like.

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Definitely a first round pick talent there.

Coming from a Hull Olympique fan

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I interpret that to mean he's flying to Cleveland tomorrow in order to eventually make his debut, whether in their next game or a subsequent one (the Monsters don't play again until Friday).

You are right, the QMJHL awards are tonite and he is nominated for MVP, so he is up there.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Abramov Traded

Confirmation, completed transaction between the @LesOlympiques Abramov and choice of 6th Victo 2018. In return Gat. receives 2020 2019 1st ch., 2019 2nd, 2nd and 4th 2018. @LHJMQ #945UNIQUEFM

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Abramov Traded

Confirmation, completed transaction between the @LesOlympiques Abramov and choice of 6th Victo 2018. In return Gat. receives 2020 2019 1st ch., 2019 2nd, 2nd and 4th 2018. @LHJMQ #945UNIQUEFM

Interesting considering Victoriaville is 1 game under .500. They have some goal scorers though and are obviously getting another one too.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Is he also our "wildcard" trade chip we might have to bring in that coveted center?

With Atkinson being extended, having Bjorkstrand prove he can play in the NHL, along with Panarin probably staying for a while, I could see him as being somewhat "redundant". Maybe a scouting staff/organization is a huge fan of him currently.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Is he also our "wildcard" trade chip we might have to bring in that coveted center?

With Atkinson being extended, having Bjorkstrand prove he can play in the NHL, along with Panarin probably staying for a while, I could see him as being somewhat "redundant". Maybe a scouting staff/organization is a huge fan of him currently.

I agree with this (aside from Panarin). I do think he could be a valuable trade chip if the Jackets are close to a playoff spot at the deadline.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
He's piece I've been more willing to move then most. People were more willing to move Bjorkstrand then him for Duchene and I couldn't understand that at all... shiny new toy syndrome haha.

I think he's a great prospect but with how many young wingers we have now and his size concerns if you can trade his possible future for a C that pushes us over the top now good luck buddy we won't ever forget you for being the extra piece we needed to bring in the guy to take us far into the playoffs.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
He's piece I've been more willing to move then most. People were more willing to move Bjorkstrand then him for Duchene and I couldn't understand that at all... shiny new toy syndrome haha.

I think he's a great prospect but with how many young wingers we have now and his size concerns if you can trade his possible future for a C that pushes us over the top now good luck buddy we won't ever forget you for being the extra piece we needed to bring in the guy to take us far into the playoffs.

You lost me at “good luck buddy”... relax. He is still part of our organization, is arguably our best prospect, and there’s been absolutely zero talk about moving him in a trade package. Thank goodness you’re not Jarmo, whew. And also... Winning the cup > “going far into the playoffs”

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I'm not someone who will ever claim our team is going to win a cup so I prefer saying goimg far in. 30 teams don't get to win the cup going far is fine although I'd prefer the other.

I also said IF HE BRINGS IN SOMEONE to help us then good luck. Not assuming he's getting moved. But if he was a piece of a JT trade or something unexpected like Barkov or some other high end C why not?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad