Post-Game Talk (GBU): #65 The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Ristolainen, Finnish for Extinguisher?

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Foligno has been absolutely killing it lately. (Moose-y?) And not just the points. He's noticeable all over the ice.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
The best part of the game was the Sportsnet announcers and production compared to MSG. They were gushing about Eichel, Risto and Reinhart all game. I especially enjoyed the 2nd intermission when they were trying to describe Eichel's skating style and Armstrong said it would be impossible for him (meaning Armstrong) to get around the ice with any speed if he was skating in that style, while his partner mentioned that it was very Mahovlich and the style made it near impossible for a defensemen to properly read his speed.

Now I enjoy Duff and May during the intermissions but they don't step out of the box and talk about opposing players in any kind of depth.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The best part of the game was the Sportsnet announcers and production compared to MSG. They were gushing about Eichel, Risto and Reinhart all game. I especially enjoyed the 2nd intermission when they were trying to describe Eichel's skating style and Armstrong said it would be impossible for him (meaning Armstrong) to get around the ice with any speed if he was skating in that style, while his partner mentioned that it was very Mahovlich and the style made it near impossible for a defensemen to properly read his speed.

Now I enjoy Duff and May during the intermissions but they don't step out of the box and talk about opposing players in any kind of depth.

Big M is the guy I've been saying he looks like. :D And I remember him catching hell from people thinking he wasn't going all out because of how it looked, rather than how fast he really was.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Yeah. Leaf fans often thought he was lazy but he had that straight up stiff legged gait that propelled him very well. Eichel does not have his shot but he is more skilled in many ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad