GDT: #64 Red Wings @ Bruins (12:30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Hey look, Luke scored. Before the game Smith was talking about how this team never gives up, even when down. I just do not have any confidence in them tying this game.

Bring up Mrazek

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Honestly, he was shooting the puck every time he got it. Why not? Their goalie looks really shaky.

The real question is, why isn't everyone else getting it on net every single time?

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
You can be a speed/skill team and overcome physical play if you have great puck movement and a skilled, mobile back end. I don't think we are as fast as we think we are and we certainly don't have the kind of skill level on defense that is needed.

Theoretically, that is true, but it is much, much harder to go that route vs building a slightly tougher team. Look at the number of teams that compensate a lower skill level by being more physical. you give yourself a greater margin of error, especially in the tighter-checking playoffs.

A1Portable

Nov 5, 2005
This is embarrassing. The Bruins are playing their 3rd game in 4 days, and they are smoking the Wings.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
I wonder if doc and Pierre still think we have the best structures defense in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad