GDT: #64 Red Wings @ Bruins (12:30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick13

Nov 22, 2013
Because the goaltending tandem would be a dumpster fire if Mrazek ever had a prolonged slump.

As you might have noticed this past free agency period, we weren't lacking for money to offer guys. 7yr, 38M for Niskanen, 2/10M for Boyle, etc.

Hell, we were looking to trade for Dion Phaneuf who is making a buttload of money. Yeah, we were trying to get Toronto to pick up part of the deal, but money's not been an issue for the Wings since 2011.

So, it completely is inconsequential whether we spend 8M on 2 goalies or 4M.

Most of our team is on ELCs or RFA deals. This landscape will change within a season or two. And since its hard to sign difference makers in free agency without offering 5+ seasons that cap space will make a difference.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
2 minutes left in the game and the team is short handed

hmm maybe we will play a spirited game now????

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
You're right, that means he should stay there. I never thought about it like that.

Who said anything about him staying there?

I just get the impression people thought putting Glendening up there at all was the stupidest idea in the world. And now he's scored a goal up there and people can't admit they were wrong.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada

I just get the impression people thought putting Glendening up there at all was the stupidest idea in the world. And now he's scored a goal up there and people can't admit they were wrong.

Also agree with this 100%. Babcock knows what he's doing

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Is Helm and Marchenko really that big parts of the team? They were playing good hockey when they were playing

Line with Helm-Datsyuk-Tatar looks better than Glendening-Datsyuk-Tatar atleast

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

Wrong about what? Just because he scored a goal doesn't mean he should have been there in the first place.

Also agree with this 100%. Babcock knows what he's doing

Appeal to authority fallacy.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
Howard wiffed glove side, it hit the bar and then he kicked out a rebound right to the stick of the Bruin in the slot. Real quality.

So I'm guessing you didn't start watching until the third or conveniently missed every disgusting goal that gus lets in and lets in at least once a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad