GDT: #6| Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Islanders | September 3rd | 7:00 PM | F/OTL 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
Greiss would've closed this out tonight, I have no doubt. Yes hindsight is 20/20 but I've been calling for him since before game 5. Varlamov can't close

Not blaming varly for game 5 but many of us wanted greiss tonight because he was rested

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yeah but Hart can steal another one. We deserved to win tonight but Hart was outstanding.
Hart was cold as ice, Varly was a hot mess. Every time a shot came near Varly, you had a feeling of a big rebound or it was going in. Hart, you knew you had to put a perfect shot. Frustrating night, Eberle buries that backhand it is over. Mayfield and his follies. Bottom line is the Isles did not play well enough to finish the series in games 5 and 6. They allowed Philly to stick around, and I didn't think they played well at all tonight.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Zero confidence heading into Saturday. I expect a loss and will probably put money on Philly to win.

Hope I lose my money, though.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Look, he missed a lot of shots and that's on him as he should be putting pucks in the net but him andn the third line were very good tonight.

Any of his chances were do to Barzal and Lee, and he screwed up on each one.

It’s not even the missed shots, I can accept a guy being snakebitten. But when it’s a trend and has been going on for years then you know there’s something wrong. Also, he doesn’t want to go into dirty areas at all, that’s really been my main issue with him. You need guys who are wiling to go into those areas and battle in the playoffs but he wants none of it.

Reactions: nystromshairstylist

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
The worst part is not wanting to watch on Saturday night, but knowing that you’re going to.

Already made other plans, no interest.

Call me when they've stripped the garbage off the roster; leddy, eberle, bailey, nelson, komorov, etc. They need several pieces to become a true contender and either winner of this series would be slaughtered by tampa bay anyhow.

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
We had 53 shots and scored 4 goals. The offense was fine tonight. The issue was Scott Mayfield, Devon Toews and really bad clearing in front of the net by Pulock.

Varlamov did not play goalie like a guy who wanted to go to an ECF tonight. Wasn't his fault per se, but he did not do what we needed him to do, which was come up big in a spot we needed him to.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Greiss needs to start. He just has to.

Varlomov has just not looked right in pretty much this whole series

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I don't get the Eberle hate? At least he was active. Beau has started to disappear.

Eberle was awful, he only skated when he smelled opportunity, that was largely created by his line mates. He didn't move his legs on 50/50 pucks , didn't support Barzal when he was absolutely everywhere digging away, Eberle is within arms reach, not lifting sticks, just watching.

Went to his backhand nearly every time when the memo on that move is out and Hart denied him every time. His effort was the worst of any forward and it's not even debatable. I genuinely loved what 11 of 12 forwards brought tonight, genuinely detested Eberle.

D was bad, Pelech and Greene stood out as the only positives, every other D was condemnable for a multitude of reasons.

Reactions: PWJunior

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I mean everyone is getting on Eberle but let's face it the whole line is Barzal how many times does Lee turn over the puck or fall down when he gets the puck. Barzy carries that line 100 percent.

Lee plays the body and has actually scored a few goals this series, WTF has Eberle done except sloth around watching Barzal? He wasn't even back checking tonight.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
If the Islanders lose this series, it is 100% on them. They had MANY chances to push the lead or win the game in OT, and they failed to capitalize. The Flyers are nothing special whatsoever. If the Islanders lose I hope Tampa obliterates them

They will. The flyers actually f***ing suck. Our guys should be embarrassed

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If the Islanders lose this series, it is 100% on them. They had MANY chances to push the lead or win the game in OT, and they failed to capitalize. The Flyers are nothing special whatsoever. If the Islanders lose I hope Tampa obliterates them

Neither team is beating Tampa at this stage. They’re going to be too tired. I could see them maybe grabbing game 1 but then losing 4 straight or 4 of next 5 once Tampa shakes off the rust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad