GDT: #6| Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Islanders | September 3rd | 7:00 PM | F/OTL 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
If the Islanders lose this series, it is 100% on them. They had MANY chances to push the lead or win the game in OT, and they failed to capitalize. The Flyers are nothing special whatsoever. If the Islanders lose I hope Tampa obliterates them

3 Losses, all in OT. No Killer Instinct when it matters. Braindead plays by Mayfield and Toews this series and Varlamov who has looked like a 3rd string guy.

Reactions: nystromshairstylist

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
I mean everyone is getting on Eberle but let's face it the whole line is Barzal how many times does Lee turn over the puck or fall down when he gets the puck. Barzy carries that line 100 percent.
that is why Beau should be join Barzal - the 2nd line can do it with Ladd too as Nelson and Bailey almost every time play to each other

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
This, sitting Varly in a game 7 is stupid, you do it this game. They beat themselves plain and simple.
If you think this is all on Varmarlov you are simply wrong 1 goal was a breakaway 1 goal was a 2 on 1 was right on the doorstep and 1 was a deflection.

How about not letting any of that happen....start playing more physical in front dont make bad pinches and stop turning the puck over in the neutral zone
Perhaps the only goal where Varlamov was weak was Van Riemsdyk's goal, a long, angled shot. The rest was not his fault. The first goal is Lee's fault, the 3rd, Pulock missed his cover, the 4th, Toews, after juggling the puck, let Laughton go alone (instead of hooking him even if it means taking a penalty). And the goal in OT is sheer bad luck.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
watching highlights and I said it earlier but it was so eerie how similar that tip try on the rush by Barzal looked so much like the Nystrom goal.. that was the moment. Hart just was too good when they needed it.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
Eberle was awful, he only skated when he smelled opportunity, that was largely created by his line mates. He didn't move his legs on 50/50 pucks , didn't support Barzal when he was absolutely everywhere digging away, Eberle is within arms reach, not lifting sticks, just watching.

Went to his backhand nearly every time when the memo on that move is out and Hart denied him every time. His effort was the worst of any forward and it's not even debatable. I genuinely loved what 11 of 12 forwards brought tonight, genuinely detested Eberle.

D was bad, Pelech and Greene stood out as the only positives, every other D was condemnable for a multitude of reasons.
He did miss the net a lot but he was active and the first line was really good on the whole. I get the anger because this was one of those snake bitten games but we out skated them and I feel ok going into the 7th game. I mean even Varly wasn't that bad tonight. This game was like an inverted version of game 4 where were not the better team. It happens, we'll be back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad