GDT: 6/30 - 2013 NHL Draft - 2 PM CT - NBCSN/TSN/NHLN

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Now Cal Peterson, Waterloo's back-up goes and Lindgren stil hasn't. Irritating to me as a Husky fan. :rant:

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Awesome to see Williams drafted in the 4th. Good pick by NYI.

Seemed like every game i saw Williams play, he didn't look that great. Cloud lit him up and so did UW at the Final 5 and Miami in the NCAA's.
That was a different looking goalie in the playoffs. I wonder if the spotlight got to him. He looked out of sorts.

Otherwise he was simply amazing this year for the Mavs. He'd make a mistake every now and then, but most of the time he wasn't just making routine saves, he was making saves that you couldn't believe. I don't know how many times I gasped at a Williams save that I thought was a sure goal against. Very athletic, very quick glove. Well earned NHL draft selection.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
So our draft recap so far:

Nino Niederreiter - RW
Gustav Olofsson - D
Kurtis Gabriel - RW
Dylan Labbe - D
Carson Soucy - D

You can see what positions Fletcher and co thought we needed help in.

Hopefully we take a center and a goalie at some point.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Awesome to see Williams drafted in the 4th. Good pick by NYI.

That was a different looking goalie in the playoffs. I wonder if the spotlight got to him. He looked out of sorts.

Otherwise he was simply amazing this year for the Mavs. He'd make a mistake every now and then, but most of the time he wasn't just making routine saves, he was making saves that you couldn't believe. I don't know how many times I gasped at a Williams save that I thought was a sure goal against. Very athletic, very quick glove. Well earned NHL draft selection.

And I'm not saying he is bad, I'm saying the games i saw, he wasn't good. I saw a lot of him in Waterloo as well before he got to Kato.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
I'm surprised Juuso Ikonen still hasn't been drafted. Yes, he's under-sized but it was already his second season in SM-liiga and he's been producing pretty damn well.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I'm surprised Juuso Ikonen still hasn't been drafted. Yes, he's under-sized but it was already his second season in SM-liiga and he's been producing pretty damn well.

I think I just saw his name on the board. so he's gone Im pretty sure

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Good for Miro Aaltonen to finally get drafted. He's progressed a lot in last two years, such a shame that his injury in last WJC made him lose half of the season. Solid pick by Anaheim.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
So, any guesses on how hockey's future will rate all our new guys?

Nino is already apparently a 7.0C, so that'll probably stay the same.

Olofsson - 7.0C
Gabriel - 5.5B
Labbe - 7.0D
Soucy - 6.0C
Peterson - 7.0D

Any other guesses? I'm probably overrating everybody a bit.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
BTW I can't help but laugh at the Devils. Lost their 3rd round pick this year on a guy sliding into the end of his career. Traded their 1st for a goaltender, who is good but not great (I think Schneider will be better in New Jersey) after hearing they don't need a goaltender and finally, not having a 1st next year.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
BTW I can't help but laugh at the Devils. Lost their 3rd round pick this year on a guy sliding into the end of his career. Traded their 1st for a goaltender, who is good but not great (I think Schneider will be better in New Jersey) after hearing they don't need a goaltender and finally, not having a 1st next year.

They took Vancouver to the cleaners on that trade... I am not laughing at them at all. And as for not having a pick next year, oh well. Honestly them losing the pick could have happened to almost anyone with all of these crazy contracts we have seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad