GDT: 6/30 - 2013 NHL Draft - 2 PM CT - NBCSN/TSN/NHLN

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
2013-nhl-draft-horizontal-logo.jpg

Just like the last couple years, you can talk about the draft in general and continue from the 2013 NHL Draft Prospects thread.

As usual, we will create a thread for each Wild draftee. Let the possibly most interesting draft in years begin!

You guys obviously know the rules but just a friendly reminder that there will be a low tolerance for flaming and trolling here. Now, enjoy the 2013 NHL draft in one day.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
One of the deepest drafts in what five, ten years. A team will get some great talents even in the twenties.

Billy Mays Here*

I shall watch the entire thing. It's one of the few times I really want to see Bettman's face.

"We have a trade to announce"

Guess I shouldn't say that though since I really don't hate Bettman.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
If this was a year to have multiple first or second round picks, teams were wise to invest.

it looks like the year to be in the top 3 if not top 4 for sure.

I almost feel bad for EDM (kidding, I can't stand them). The fact that they had 3 #1's and none of them are franchise guys by the looks of it. No doubt great players but questions with all of them.

I am curious to see if Calgary or Buffalo trades their top pick to Boston for Seguin, I sure as heck would!

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Top 3 is strong but say a team like Calgary or Dallas could get a top line forward and a top defenseman is crazy

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Got the house to myself tomorrow. It's going to be weird not having a 1st but I'll be waiting anxiously to hear what GMCF does.

I'll have to post some pre-draft predictions tomorrow when I have more time.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
Top 3 is strong but say a team like Calgary or Dallas could get a top line forward and a top defenseman is crazy

No matter what Calgary does, I wouldn't worry. Feaster is a mess and will ruin that team one way or another. The best thing he can do now is trade the #6 and any role player the bruins may be interested in so they can get Seguin. Anything after the #4 is a 50/50 chance of working out in my eyes, might as well grab the sure thing in Seguin seeing as he is available and for a good cap hit for the Flames.

Dallas wouldn't be a bad fit either, but I do not see them pulling the trigger.

I would love if Boston would accept this, or something close to that makes sense.. Oh to dream......

MN: Seguin, 2014 2nd round pick.
BOS: Clutterbuck, Granlund, 2013 2nd round pick, 2014 1st round pick.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
I predict Granlund and Clutterbuck get traded (with 2nd rounder) to Columbus for their two later first round picks and Seth Ambroz.

OR

No one bites on Clutterbuck, except for a 4th round pick. We aren't able to trade "UP" any better than trading 4 picks just to move up into the 1st round, and we draft another Nick Leddy clone. :shakehead

However, I think this will be a very quiet draft for the Wild, due to lack of picks and their Cap situation.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Funny that Lord Fletcher and I posted trades about Granlund/Clutter and a 2nd at the same time.

While Seguin would be great to have, I don't see how we could afford him under the CAP.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
Funny that Lord Fletcher and I posted trades about Granlund/Clutter and a 2nd at the same time.

While Seguin would be great to have, I don't see how we could afford him under the CAP.

:yo:

I agree that he would be nice to have (impossible without us having a top 15 pick this year, top ten per the rumored must haves to be in the Seguin sweepstakes) ... but I think it is possible to afford him. with dumping Gilbert and maybe Heatley "if" he gets healthy for buyout round 2. All I can say is that if we are able to get Seguin, Fletcher will make the cap workout.... all for nothing dreaming thou, we have no chance.

As for Granlund not being traded. it is possible, do not place him on a no trade list. I think there are only two guys on this team that Fletcher will not trade no matter what and they are Suter and Brodin. Everyone else has a price. #99 did, so lets just leave it at that :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad